SunVox Changelog and Development Status

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
The Handle

Re: SUNVOX V1.7: DEVELOPMENT STATUS

Post by The Handle »

Is there any way more waveforms can be added for the FMs? Right now they only play a sine.

Also, could arrows be added for the volume? If I end up changing it by accident, it's hard to get it to the volume I want by sliding it.
nanotracker

Post by nanotracker »

I would like to please, please, please help beta test 1.7 for android.
organic io

Post by organic io »

The Handle wrote:Also, could arrows be added for the volume? If I end up changing it by accident, it's hard to get it to the volume I want by sliding it.
+1, I have that problem too

Also, what about the mousewheel working for module parameters?
The Handle

Post by The Handle »

Alright I've got a kinda weird idea. Is there any way we could copy a value in a controller (right click->copy), then paste that into the tracker?

A bit off-topic, when I type a command in the tracker to change the frequency for the filter (or some other controllers, like the distortion's bit redux freq), it always seems to reduce my entered value by 1. For example, if I enter a command to change the filter freq to 792 (73d), it changes it to 791 (73b) instead.
Last edited by The Handle on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
organic io

Post by organic io »

The Handle wrote:Alright I've got a kinda weird idea. Is there any way we could copy a value in a controller (right click->copy), then paste that into the tracker?
That's a pretty good idea actually. Very useful in fact.
The Handle

Post by The Handle »

I have another suggestion....could the kicks in the Drumsynth be customized? While I appreciate the work you put into it, the kicks don't always mesh with the tracks I'm making (the initial pitch lingers for a bit too long at times and makes it hard to listen to). I think it'd be cool to have controllers for the pitch-slide rate, the initial pitch it starts at, etc.

What you could also do is leave the drumsynth as it is and revamp the kick module instead (add sine waveform, controllers for power, bass, etc.) :)

I think it'd be pretty cool to see an acoustic drum module at some point as well, though I imagine this would be hard to do
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

About the bug with controller's values: i don't see it in the v1.7.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Hey, just wanted to report a bug - if you hit record and switch songs, the record button's still 'on', and you have to hit it a few times to get it to turn off. Not sure of what'll happen if I actually tried to record.
The Handle

Post by The Handle »

I've spotted another bug as well. If you play a note in sunvox then change windows, the note will sustain even when your finger is off the key. It would continue until I went into sunvox and played a note, then it stopped.
kleens

Post by kleens »

I would like to post some kind of bug. The "slide to note" effect can only be applied on the second note in a pattern. Than it works, but from the first to the second note there is some kind of break.
ScreenShot002.gif
ScreenShot002.gif (29.5 KiB) Viewed 8392 times
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I would like to post some kind of bug. The "slide to note" effect can only be applied on the second note in a pattern. Than it works, but from the first to the second note there is some kind of break.
It is a feature :) Not a bug. First note without effect 03 - starting point. Second note with effect 03 - target point.
Also you have a mistake on the screenshot. Here is the right version :)

Code: Select all

A4 .. 07 .... ....
.. .. .. .... ....
C5 .. 07 0003 0200
.. .. .. 0003 ....
E5 .. 07 0003 ....
kleens

Post by kleens »

NightRadio wrote:
It is a feature :) Not a bug. First note without effect 03 - starting point. Second note with effect 03 - target point.
Also you have a mistake on the screenshot. Here is the right version :)

Code: Select all

A4 .. 07 .... ....
.. .. .. .... ....
C5 .. 07 0003 0200
.. .. .. 0003 ....
E5 .. 07 0003 ....
Oh, Im sorry. I didn't know this. Now it works very smooth. Thanks for your advice and for the great tool :-)
pigeond

Post by pigeond »

NightRadio wrote:trackhead,
as i know, there is no native MIDI In/Out support in official Android distributions.
But may be someone have other information
At the moment I think there is no API for MIDI in particular (Java or C) under Android.

So for now, with USB MIDI you'll probably have to talk to the USB device yourself.

With Android 2.3.4+ and 3.1 there's now a way to talk to USB host devices.
http://developer.android.com/guide/topi ... ssory.html
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/usb/host.html

If SunVox already have that sort of routines then maybe it can be hooked up with those?

Or worse, you'll have to use ALSA libasound directly in C, though not officially supported by Android and hence ugly and probably not portable across devices.

I was a N900 SunVox user, using it a bit with a USB keyboard. And now I have a Samsung Galaxy Note (Android) which can do USB host. I'm happy to test anything for you when the time comes ;)
extraammo

Re: SUNVOX V1.7.2: DEVELOPMENT STATUS

Post by extraammo »

Is there any plan of having live sample recording from a microphone or other auxiliary audio device?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: SUNVOX V1.7.2: DEVELOPMENT STATUS

Post by NightRadio »

live sample recording from a microphone or other auxiliary audio device?
It is already implemented for iOS and Android versions.
And coming soon for other systems.