Few features request

py_tosha

Few features request

Post by py_tosha »

Hi! I just installed the SunVox on GNU/Linux and I have some wishes about this. At first I want to say, that I am impressed by this tracker, it's close to genius. Ok, so I'd like SunVox to store it files not in my $HOME, but for example in .sunvox dir. Also modules wires are too rough. It'll be cool to have antialiasing feature for them or some blur at least. And I belive that it will be useful to not to cut the wire when deleting module from insert (if i delete module 2 in line 1-2-3) but to rewire modules (1-3). Also it may be good possibility to insert a module directly on wire between two modules. Anyway thanks you for your work and all the best! :)
SawZer

Re: Few features request

Post by SawZer »

For the first one, you can just do this in your terminal: (This should move everything to ~/.sunvox under your home folder and add the shortcut to your menu. Some of it may not work due to differences in environment. I'm accustomed to Debian with LXDE, so this is how I would do it. Also anything in <angle brackets> is something you need to fill in yourself)

Code: Select all

cd <sunvox directory>/../
cp -r <sunvox folder> ~/.sunvox/
rm -r <sunvox folder>
cd ~/.sunvox/sunvox/<linux version>/
sudo nano /usr/share/applications/sunvox.desktop (or use directory where your application shortcuts are kept)
(In the new screen paste)

[Desktop Entry]
	Version=1.91
	Name=Sunvox
	Exec=~/.sunvox/sunvox/<linux version>/sunvox
	Icon=<location of a sunvox icon>
	Terminal=false
	Type=Application
	Keywords=Audio;Video;
	Comment=
	NoDisplay=false
	Categories=AudioVideo;

(Save with ctrl+o, exit with ctrl+x)
Hope that helps.

I gave you the instructions to move the folders because since the sunvox files are zipped, you can have them wherever you want. Were you requesting an installer or something?
py_tosha

Re: Few features request

Post by py_tosha »

ChippyMunk, thank you for reply!
I am using Arch Linux and I installed SunVox from AUR (SunVox can't be included in official repos cause it's not open source one :( ).
I see, that AUR script (known as PKGBUILD) copies executable SunVox files to /usr/bin/sunvox. Then SunVox makes some files in my home dir, here they are:

Code: Select all

┌anton@anton-note:~
└$ ls -A | grep sunvox
sunvox_config.ini
.sunvox_opensample
.sunvox_pateditor
.sunvox_pateditor_interp
.sunvox_prev_session.sunvox
.sunvox_song_l
.sunvox_song_s
.sunvox_soundnet
.sunvox_synth_l