Visualization Features

SolarLune

Visualization Features

Post by SolarLune »

Hey, there! I think a few more options for visualizing modules would be nice. For example, I really like the cleanness and simplicity (and better FPS!) of having no background and no shadow with bar oscilloscope, but having some indication of boundary would still be nice. Some here are some suggestions for visualization features.
  • Perhaps a "Outline" background option, where it's just a colored (or white) outline of the module, with the inside invisible would be nice?
  • Also, coloring links that are drawn from module to module would be a nice optional feature. Of course, this would be automatic and be based on the color of the synths the links go to.
Having different methods to display the module name would be cool, as well. Perhaps:
  • An option to have the name centered on the module?
  • Another option to have it display just the first letter of the module name, really large (I think this one would be cool, in particular)?
EDIT: Oh, and being able to visualize the sound's frequency would be nice to help see how the sound's distributed across your mix (i.e. if you're missing highs, or if lows are too loud, etc).
iaon

Re: Visualization Features

Post by iaon »

An option to have the spectrum analyzer show a spectrogram instead of a spectroscope would be useful and awesome.
DigitalNematode

Post by DigitalNematode »

Wow, all of this ^^ :D But I just arrived in Sunvoxland. I can't ask for jacksh1t yet. :wink: Would to say thanks for your/everyones contributions. I have found the youtube videos VERY helpful.
:twisted:
DigitalNematode

Post by DigitalNematode »

SolarLune wrote:Hey, there! I think a few more options for visualizing modules would be nice. For example, I really like the cleanness and simplicity (and better FPS!) of having no background and no shadow with bar oscilloscope, but having some indication of boundary would still be nice. Some here are some suggestions for visualization features.
  • Perhaps a "Outline" background option, where it's just a colored (or white) outline of the module, with the inside invisible would be nice?
  • Also, coloring links that are drawn from module to module would be a nice optional feature. Of course, this would be automatic and be based on the color of the synths the links go to.
Having different methods to display the module name would be cool, as well. Perhaps:
  • An option to have the name centered on the module?
  • Another option to have it display just the first letter of the module name, really large (I think this one would be cool, in particular)?
EDIT: Oh, and being able to visualize the sound's frequency would be nice to help see how the sound's distributed across your mix (i.e. if you're missing highs, or if lows are too loud, etc).
Great ideas!