Cepstral Analysis for Music Visualisation

Pixilang programming language
ainegil

Cepstral Analysis for Music Visualisation

Post by ainegil »

with cepstrum you can anakyse the musical content to some extent
in the following s9mething like a circle of fifths is derived from the music realtime

if there is interest I can post the code and elaborate on this sone more

I think its pretty useful and more musical than a plain spectrum
ainegil

Re: Cepstral Analysis for Music Visualisation

Post by ainegil »

Since this is basically polyphonic pitch detection you can extract individual sounds similar to Melodyne

In this example the first 32 harmonics of the lowest denominator of the root note and a second note have been extracted.

Note how the waveforms are perfectly in sync with the oscilloscope frequency. So you can extract synced waveforms, could be interesting for wavetables. You cant have this on polyphonic sources with any other technique.
ainegil

Post by ainegil »

anybody else inerested in creating a vector video synth vj/ visualisation app in pixilang?

here I only used plain spectrum without cepstrum, you dont reakky need it.

whait it does is it take a spektrum and sums and resorts it into 12 pitch based base pitch bins
then it uses the maximum bin, the second highest bin and the center of gravity of all bins (circukar) to find the color.

The Lissajous is made from the highest and second highest base pitch, and the harmonic content from the bins of muktiple frequncies.

I thought an analyser like this could replace or augment oscillators in a vectir video synth
ainegil

Post by ainegil »