Pixilang on a Odroid Advance Super

Pixilang programming language
maks

Pixilang on a Odroid Advance Super

Post by maks »

Hi everyone, in case anyone else has an Odroid Advance Super (or the Advance Go) RK3326 based "games console" device I built Pixilang to run on it:
https://github.com/maks/pixilang/commit ... ca48fac9eb

The reason I couldn't just use the existing RPI build was that Hardkernel, the makers of the OGS have a very old Ubuntu 18.04 based default image for the device which has a too old glibc for the Pixilang rpi binary.

Also it wasn't as easy as just running the make file as I also ended up needing to build a custom SDL2 lib because the default image doesn't use/run X11. Hence if you want to try out my build you'll also want to use the SDL lib I have in my repo as well and you will likely need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to whichever directory you run Pixilang from.

I'm planning to write some better docs for this in the future, along with instructions on how to install and run Pixilang with the Emulation Station launcher that comes in the default Ubuntu OS, as well as being used on several other "distro" images available for this device. There are also at least 2 other devices from Anbernic: the RG351P and RG351V which use the same RK3326 SoC that this Pixilang build may also run on.

But anyways, so far I have all the example Pixilang scripts I've tried working on my OGS device, including the Sunvox sound playback example!
So my next step is to test midi in/out via the devices host USB-A port. But apart from music, I could imagine this being a great device for homebrew games made with Pixilang or of course old-school demos :-)