Sound Track Web Sequencer

DAWs, trackers, sequencers, sound editors and plugins from other developers
1up

Sound Track Web Sequencer

Post by 1up »

Presenting a web-based tracker:

Sound Track

https://st.1up.org/

A fully-featured DAW webapp inspired by Jeskola Buzz, the layout is similar to SunVox, but effort has been made into replacing hexidecimal numbers with colors and icons and keeping the interface very simple.
There is a MOD importer, effects (compressor, filter etc.) and generators (tracker, synth, Perlin noise etc), but capabilities are limited to what Web Audio and AudioWorklet offer, and I have time to program, so no VST plugins (yet!)
As time goes on, more features will be added. My favourite: plug in a gamepad, to control machine sliders with D-pads, buttons and triggers in realtime!
Share & Enjoy :)

Oleg Vostyakov

Re: Sound Track Web Sequencer

Post by Oleg Vostyakov »

Do you have some tutorial videos on that DAW? I tried to find but I didn't
1up

Post by 1up »

There is a Sound Track guide (via "info", next to the top volume slider) with comprehensive documentation, but videos are a good idea!
The demo tunes could be improved, so I'll record an editing session and turn it into a tutorial...
Oleg Vostyakov

Post by Oleg Vostyakov »

1up wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:19 pm There is a Sound Track guide (via "info", next to the top volume slider) with comprehensive documentation, but videos are a good idea!
The demo tunes could be improved, so I'll record an editing session and turn it into a tutorial...
Thank you so much! It is very interesting how it is to work there!
Keres

Post by Keres »

64bit 2.1 dual core 32k cache
MX linux RT kernel

does not play back without stuttering. it seems like this web app need some form of optimization.

i can use sunvox to sequence things in Carla and multitrack it to Reaper with no problems (about 9ms latency).
1up

Post by 1up »

Keres wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:44 pm 64bit 2.1 dual core 32k cache
MX linux RT kernel

does not play back without stuttering. it seems like this web app need some form of optimization.

i can use sunvox to sequence things in Carla and multitrack it to Reaper with no problems (about 9ms latency).
Thanks for the feedback! Yes, being browser-based means that Sound Track will always be playing catch-up with more serious audio apps - this is more aimed at tracker newbies.
More optimizations can be made, but for now a fast computer is required :pardon:
1up

Post by 1up »

Oleg Vostyakov wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:52 am
1up wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:19 pm There is a Sound Track guide (via "info", next to the top volume slider) with comprehensive documentation, but videos are a good idea!
Thank you so much! It is very interesting how it is to work there!
A whole village of bugs were brutally murdered in the making of this video: (apologies for launching a little too soon)

https://st.1up.org/videos

Starting from scratch, this tutorial shows how to play a synth piano, choose an mp3 sample from the orchestra, chop up a drumloop, tweak a live synth, and add some effects.
The good thing about webapps is that you only have to click reload to upgrade!
Oleg Vostyakov

Post by Oleg Vostyakov »

Thank you 1up!!!!!! It is very usefull!!!!!! You did a massive work!
1up

Post by 1up »

thanks Oleg! Comments like yours inspire me to make it better - everyone likes a video guide, and i've fixed the last of the bugs i can find, and added a few new features :D
Oleg Vostyakov

Post by Oleg Vostyakov »

1up wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:50 am thanks Oleg! Comments like yours inspire me to make it better - everyone likes a video guide, and i've fixed the last of the bugs i can find, and added a few new features :D
Scientists have proven that a person perceives information better through video content than through printed text. This is the reason for the modern displacement of books and newspapers by the film and news industry. Anyway, thank you again!!!!