SunVox v1.7.2 BETA 3

gigi

Re: SunVox v1.7.2 BETA 3

Post by gigi »

modules inside a metamodule can be automated in patterns like normal modules during a song ?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Yes, but not directly.
Only if you connect the internal MetaModule controllers to the user defined controllers. Just create MetaModule and press the Controllers button to make connection.
geckojsc

Post by geckojsc »

SolarLune wrote:That sounds really cool. I'm not sure if anyone can host the files (i.e. if anyone wants to upload submitted ones to Mediafire). An alternative might be to host torrents on a site? Maybe that wouldn't require a file itself, but could be a torrent URL? I don't think that's the way it works, but it might be a quicker alternative to hosting the files themselves. Security / viruses and the lack of ability to update files would be a concern, though.
Menthes on the IRC channel has an FTP server, and he's given some storage space to a few of the regular IRC-goers. I wonder if he'd be interested in making a public directory for SunVox instruments?

sanctuary.guoifoundation.org
geckojsc.guoifoundation.org
gigi

Post by gigi »

thank you for your quick answer
another 3 questions :

1. do you think it's possible to implement the display of the graphical interface of the modules inside the controllers window ?
For example, the compressor graphics is veeeeery important to optimise his behavior, and if the graphics is not visible, the task are almost impossible - I am referring specialy to mastering issues (I plan to build a mastering metamodule).

2. in the guitar metamodule exemple, 2 controllers have names. Their name dont change even if I change the controller's destination (maybe a little bug ?). How is it possible to set names ?

3. Do you think that it's a good ideea to implement a IN button in metamodule, that makes the hole sv interface to switch to the song source of metamodule ? In this case, event the patterns can be modified and this solves the need of graphics visibility (see question nb1) too. And, of course, a button to return to the parent level interface.
Maybe in this case, inside the metamodule, have a special PLAY button that plays only the source song, beside the general PLAY ?
gigi

Post by gigi »

Alex, please, can you set the low limit of the spectrum analyser on mobile devices to 32 hz, as on desktops ?
If this uses more cpu, maybe the possibility to set this in preferences ?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

do you think it's possible to implement the display of the graphical interface of the modules inside the controllers window ?
Of course. But not in the current version :)
in the guitar metamodule exemple, 2 controllers have names. Their name dont change even if I change the controller's destination (maybe a little bug ?). How is it possible to set names ?
You can change these names in the text field at the bottom part of the window (under the lists). Just select some controller in the first list, then change its name at the bottom.
Do you think that it's a good ideea to implement a IN button in metamodule
It is one of the ways. I will think which is the best :)
Alex, please, can you set the low limit of the spectrum analyser on mobile devices to 32 hz, as on desktops ?
Ok, may be i will add this option to the Preferences.
organic io

Post by organic io »

gigi wrote: 3. Do you think that it's a good ideea to implement a IN button in metamodule, that makes the hole sv interface to switch to the song source of metamodule ? In this case, event the patterns can be modified and this solves the need of graphics visibility (see question nb1) too. And, of course, a button to return to the parent level interface.?
I think this would be the best way to implement it. That way it would give you full control over everything -- The module parameters, but as you said even the patterns and everything. Great idea
gigi

Post by gigi »

thank you for these answers !!

if, finaly, the sollution to switch the hole interface to the source song will be adopted, another 2 things will be solved :

1. in a metamodule with a big and complex structure of modules with several (for example) EQs, I dont know witch EQ I'm sellecting, because I cant see the connections in the controllers window. So, I have to load the source song and note the number of desired EQ...
Also, now, the modules type are not visible if their names are changed, because in the 3rd collumn of the controllers window (above the parameters), the type of the module is not specified as in the normal field of module edition.

2. the possibility of multiple metamodule levels (metamodule in metamodule) - I know : this risks to produce a too complex structure and lose some ergonomics, but this, if used in an intelligent way, can be a very strong feature, making sunvox unbeatable (anyway, I think it already is).
marlow77aa

Post by marlow77aa »

NightRadio,

I love the picture to sample options.. It is SOOOOOOOOOO cool.. Is there a way to enable it to open the camera roll of previous pictures taken via iPhone in the next release? I currently transfer them via the wifi transfer, but I want more of them and update them on the go. Please let me know if this is already possible or if you would be willing to add this ability.

Also, metamodules rule! Thank you for the addition!

Thanks,

Marlow
gigi

Post by gigi »

of course, maybe the best name for this button may be EDIT, instead of IN
organic io

Post by organic io »

gigi wrote:of course, maybe the best name for this button may be EDIT, instead of IN
Or, maybe it should just have an icon:

Lol... Just kidding.

But seriously, this would be awesome. I'm hoping you would also be able to add new modules inside of the meta? This would effectively allow you to create a metamodule, and then "enter" it, and then start creating your meta sound network from scratch. That way there would be no need to have previously saved a .sunsynth or .sunvox file. In my opinion this would make it the most useful. :)
gigi

Post by gigi »

organic io, you are right !
this way, inside a metamodule we will be like in a normal song where all the possibilities are possible ! :ROFL:
create, manage and delete modules and patterns....
gigi

Post by gigi »

organic io, you are right for the icon too
because this way a sv song can have a fractal structure
gigi

Post by gigi »

anyway, music is a fractal thing
so, composing with a fractal interface can help to better approach, understand and manage our own ideeas and work
gigi

Post by gigi »

gigi wrote:anyway, music is a fractal thing
so, composing with a fractal interface can help to better approach, understand and manage our own ideeas and work
is like use a mind mapping software in thinking or brain storming : this produce efficiency