Removing song properties window

Darkhog

Removing song properties window

Post by Darkhog »

How about removing song properties window and volume bar and moving BPM, Speed and volume controllers to OUT module (like it is in Buzz)? This way we can automate volume changes (fade in/out at start and end of song - yes we can fade out all modules, but it is tedious) and tempo of song in easy way.
organic io

Re: Removing song properties window

Post by organic io »

+1 - I think this would be very useful!

However if you want to do volume changes on everything, you can create a "master bus" which everything goes to before the final output. For example mine usually comprises of at least an amplifier (which most of the time is actually set in the negative, to make things quieter). You could put an EQ, compressor, etc on it as well.

Tempo on master is a great idea though!
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Some things could be moved to the Out module, but since there's already a command for automating the tempo, it feels a bit unnecessary to have both. On the other hand, that one command changes both ticks per line as well as beats per minute, so perhaps having an alternative way would allow for more control.
Darkhog

Post by Darkhog »

@SolarLune: Plus Tempo effect is hard to get working properly - you're bounded to trial & error. With controllers for both BPM and Speed (of course separate) you will just have to write BPM/Speed in Hex, e.g. 7D for 125 BPM which would be straightforward and easy to understand. Also I know about compressor/amplifier *workaround* for volume control. Just having it in OUT module would simplify things a lot.
iaon

Post by iaon »

An added benefit of this now would be the ability to Sound2Ctl the BPM / TPL. What could go wrong?