Idea for yet another competition

Post Reply
User avatar
SawZer
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:26 am
Location: Texas

Idea for yet another competition

Post by SawZer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:58 pm

I have an idea that would make for a very interesting competition. Of course this would take place after the minimalist competition.

It will be called the "Box10 SVC" or the "10Box SVC" or something similar.

Rules:
-A max of 10 modules (not including OUT) are allowed.
-No samplers allowed. Period.
-No Vorbis players.
-No more than 8 tracks may play simultaneously (I recomend only using 1 pattern at a time).
-A minimum length of 3 minutes.
-May not clip more than once (mixing challenge, eh?).

Voting:
-Will be the same system as the Sunvox Compo voting.
-Only participants may vote.
-A "vote" is your list of 5 favorite tracks.

The competion would go on for 1 week, and thne voting period would last for a week.
Last edited by SawZer on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of the BOX10SVC

organic io
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:31 am
Location: USA - North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Idea for yet another competition

Post by organic io » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Sounds like fun. I'm in :good:

User avatar
SawZer
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:26 am
Location: Texas

Re: Idea for yet another competition

Post by SawZer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:51 pm

I had this idea for a while actually. In fact, the sunvox compo got me thinking about this again. Glad to know someone cares! :D
Creator of the BOX10SVC

organic io
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:31 am
Location: USA - North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Idea for yet another competition

Post by organic io » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:48 pm

ChippyMunk wrote:I had this idea for a while actually. In fact, the sunvox compo got me thinking about this again. Glad to know someone cares! :D
Excellent. Do you want to combine forces and post the entries on the "official" Sunvox compo bandcamp page? I don't mind uploading the entries to it again if you are up for it... Just let me know.

User avatar
SawZer
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:26 am
Location: Texas

Re: Idea for yet another competition

Post by SawZer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:54 pm

organic io wrote:
ChippyMunk wrote:I had this idea for a while actually. In fact, the sunvox compo got me thinking about this again. Glad to know someone cares! :D
Excellent. Do you want to combine forces and post the entries on the "official" Sunvox compo bandcamp page? I don't mind uploading the entries to it again if you are up for it... Just let me know.
Sure, sounds great! In fact, that page probably should be THE page for any sunvox competitions.
Creator of the BOX10SVC

User avatar
The Handle
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:11 am

Re: Idea for yet another competition

Post by The Handle » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:13 am

8 channels eh? lol...time to get to work :twisted:

User avatar
SawZer
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:26 am
Location: Texas

Re: Idea for yet another competition

Post by SawZer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:53 am

The Handle wrote:8 channels eh? lol...time to get to work :twisted:
Glad you are interested. Btw, when does the minimalism competition start?
Creator of the BOX10SVC

Post Reply