SunVox v1.6.2

NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: SunVox v1.6.2

Post by NightRadio »

so as for the midi upgrade, if i'm reading the 1.6.2 notes correctly - you can control any parameter of any device using knobs on a midi controller that are all set to cc80 or...?
You can control external MIDI controllers. For example: SunVox sends any MIDI commands (note on, note off, control change) to some hardware synth.
But the hardware synth (or MIDI keyboard) can only send Note On / Note OFF to SunVox. At least in v 1.6.2 :)
blacbeard

Post by blacbeard »

I made an FR a while back about an offset command that offsets by a percentage of the sample. The idea was to be able to sync drum loops and do stuttery slow mo playback of entire samples when interpolated from 00 to FF.
00 =0/16 (start of sample)
01 =1/16 way through sample
F0 = 16/16 way through sample
FF = end of sample
etc.

Nightradio seemed positive about the benefits of this feature. Was it implemented? I didn't see it in the change log.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

blacbeard,
i remember :) This feature will be really useful. But i had no time to implement it in this version. So, may be in one of the near updates.
blacbeard

Post by blacbeard »

I can't wait. This would make Sunvox a very useful and unique tool.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

blacbeard,
i promise to add this effect in the next few days :)
neonbible

Post by neonbible »

Looks like a great update! But its doesn't work on my iPod touch but good to know you are fixing it.

Nice to see the joypad feature too, I think that was one of my requests :)
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

I, too, asked for a feature request awhile back. It was to have tempo-snapping for time-related features - for example, instead of Release = 512 being 1 second (it is, right?), Release = 512 with tempo-syncing on would be 512 lines (or whatever amount). This would make it easier to have precisely timed elements, especially for things like echoes. Was it going to be implemented soon?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Was it going to be implemented soon?
Of course :) I think it is very useful feature too.
Vitor

Post by Vitor »

Hi. I'm running on Ipad. When I exit the app, the status bar turns red with "SunVox (Recording)". It stays there for some time (minutes). This did not happen in the previous version.
No, I'm not recording anything.

The multi-touch Theremin is great :D Now just add scales support and you'll have a Bebot Killer ;) You could also add arpeggios (iMS-20 Kaospad style).

Anyway, awesome app. For me, it's the best music production tool available in IOS :)
Regards,
Vitor
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

The problem with red "recording" bar is fixed in 1.6.3, which is on the way :)
menthes

Post by menthes »

the addition of asio in windows is so awesome. i'm jamming out ideas with instant response from sunvox. :Rose:so intuitive now.

also, the improved generator/spectravoice waveforms are just cutting through the mix! (the new waveforms are great for pads, btw.)

sunvox has gone from a pretty cool tool to an indispensable music workstation :beer:
manganoid

Post by manganoid »

Hi, I downloaded this program and it looks cool 'cos it seems to be some kind of tracker. However, Ican't get any sound out of it (Windows XP) and don't know what to do. I saw in the sunvox_config.ini an item called "audiodevice hw" and it has a number after it (0,0). Now, I've got A SB Live 5.1, a realtek integrated, an ATI HDMI rear output from my graphics card and buncha virtual cables. When i start the Sunvox program it seems to be working fine but no sound output. How do I know which number is my card and how do I enable ASIO? Plus I deleted the sunvox_config .ini and Sunvox started normally, without sound (of course) and it didn't create a new sound_config.ini, so I unpacked the one from the archive. Please help me what to do, because this program seems very cool and I wanna try it.
Thanx in advance
manganoid

Post by manganoid »

Never mind. I just had to delet the "\\" in audiodevice hw (heh). Thanx anyway
Only thing is I don't know how to enable ASIO
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

manganoid,
To enable ASIO - just remove sunvox_config.ini or delete strings like "audiodevice..." or "audiodriver..." from sunvox_config :)
ASIO will be enabled by default, if you have it in your system.
But if you want to switch to DirectSound, add the following string to the sunvox_config.ini:

Code: Select all

audiodriver dsound
Also you can check you driver here: SunVox -> main menu -> About.
If you have several ASIO sound cards, try to change its number in sunvox_config.ini. For example:

audiodevice 0
for first sound card
or

audiodevice 1
for second sound card
manganoid

Post by manganoid »

Thanx for the reply. O.K. now it works nicely. I'm already making a tune as we type