visualizing simple notch-filter

leondustar

visualizing simple notch-filter

Post by leondustar »

Hi,

I've just achieved a nice effect using a notch filter (instead of a parametric EQ).
Any ideas how to visualize the curve (can I simulate the same settings with filter pro?)
I tried with noise & the spectrogram..but couldn't really figure out the curve easily..

leondustar

Re: visualizing simple notch-filter

Post by leondustar »

Would this be a fair curve-visualisation using filter pro? (with sortof same settings?)

NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Would this be a fair curve-visualisation using filter pro? (with sortof same settings?)
Yes, except for parameters Resonance and Q which do not match if the resonance is non-zero
leondustar

Post by leondustar »

ok so it's approximately the same.
Thanks for confirming!
signality

Post by signality »

What happens if you use your noise source idea to compare the spectrum analyser displays of the two filter types?

You could set up two filters driven by the same source and slect one or the other to see the FFT outputs alternately.

Or set one filter in one instance of SunVox and set the other in a second instance then run the two at the same time to see side-by-side FFT outputs.

An alternative to noise might be to use a swept sine output of an analogue generator into the filters.