Link on-screen keyboard to specific module

Devvy

Link on-screen keyboard to specific module

Post by Devvy »

I don’t know if anyone else struggles with this sometimes: when I am editing a sound patch metamodule and want to alter parameters of one of the modules inside of it, the on-screen keyboard will use that selected module instead of the input module. I understand why this happens, but often I like to hear the effect of the changes I make on the whole flow starting from the input module.
If I use a midi keyboard, I can set the input module to always play and the others not; but as far as I can see there is no equivalent for the on screen keyboard?
The way I work around this is by creating a small pattern playing some notes on the input module. But I was wondering if there is something I might have missed.
aka Scorpionfly
Ol sen

Re: Link on-screen keyboard to specific module

Post by Ol sen »

your description explains very much why it is a good idea to have properties of a patch super-state available when one would select its output module.
The BPM and TPL, Volume and such are set else where yet, when someone selects the output module its parameter window is empty/not used at all.
That is also the case when one selects the Output module inside a meta module.

So here a suggestion for nightradio..
the TPL, BPM, Volume and for meta Moduls even the Playhead parameters could be availible when someone would select the Output Modul. Despite there would be coding involved to make it work it would make the UI very logic. Like so: wanna change volume? Select Output, change Volume, done. Which would involve to scan the Main TPL, BPM and Volume when the main Output is selected and show it in the yet empty Output parameter box and for Meta same same, When Output of a Meta is selected to show the TPL, BPM, Playhead from the hosted Meta/sunvox engine.
If this idea would make its way it would also be possible to have parameters that are exposed to its Meta to be available without exiting the Meta editing and so on.
This idea has a downside, someone could assume that Output Modul has really parameters, which it has not yet. ok Mute, etc it has. But it could have, doesn't it?
:wink:

Well thats my salt to that