Pattern Lengths for Live Recording of Midi?

bharris22

Pattern Lengths for Live Recording of Midi?

Post by bharris22 »

Hi,

Definitely a newbie question, and I'm sure it has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer here.

I am using Sunvox on an Android phone as a sound source for a connected Windows tablet that is running a sequencer as a USB host; the phone running Sunvox is acting as a USB midi client. The midi data gets to Sunvox perfectly in this setup, and I have access to all of the great Sunvox modules. In the event I stumble upon a nice sequence, I would like Sunvox to record that midi data as it is being sent live from the tablet. Is this possible? If so, is there a way for the pattern length to be adjusted automatically until I stop recording, as I will not necessarily know the length of the passage in advance.

Thanks in advance for your help!

PS - I don't need to see the data populate in the pattern as it is recorded. I know that this was asked previously, and it does not appear to be a current feature.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Pattern Lengths for Live Recording of Midi?

Post by NightRadio »

Hi!
You can just press the REC button, receive some midi data, then press STOP and the patterns will be created automatically with exactly the length required for the recorded data. Is this what you are looking for?
bharris22

Re: Pattern Lengths for Live Recording of Midi?

Post by bharris22 »

Yes! Thank you very much - this is perfect!