All Pass Reverb Phase

monoben

All Pass Reverb Phase

Post by monoben »

Hi

Is there a handy graph showing what happens to the phase when the All-pass filter is enabled in the Reverb module?

Dose the same thing happen to the phase of a signal going through the Reverb as the All-pass in the Filter Pro?

If I have the All-pass Type in the filter Pro selected does changing the Freq (htz) slider affect the phase in any way, or is it a set thing?

Is there a reason the All-pass filter is enabled by default in the Reverb module?

Do you have any examples of people using an All-pass for reasons in a mix?

Sorry for asking a lot of questions in one thread but this seems to be a not very well understood topic in the community.

Thanks for any insight in advance.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: All Pass Reverb Phase

Post by NightRadio »

Hi!
Is there a handy graph showing what happens to the phase when the All-pass filter is enabled in the Reverb module?
Dose the same thing happen to the phase of a signal going through the Reverb as the All-pass in the Filter Pro?
Unfortunately no. Reverb allpass works a little different from the correct algorithm in Filter Pro

If I have the All-pass Type in the filter Pro selected does changing the Freq (htz) slider affect the phase in any way, or is it a set thing?
The Freq slider sets the point at which the phase shift is 180 degrees. Before it, the shift tends to 0, and after it - to 360.

Is there a reason the All-pass filter is enabled by default in the Reverb module?
It makes the sound softer, smoothing out the sharp impulses.

Do you have any examples of people using an All-pass for reasons in a mix?
The phaser is a good example of the application of this filter.
Check the sunvox/effects/NR Phaser (mono).sunsynth
Keres

Re: All Pass Reverb Phase

Post by Keres »

FilterPro Allpass: you can use it to build custom reverbs and delays. you can use it in a mix to make interesting accents. i have been using it alot of things like drum samples to say... make a delayed "overhead mic" sound. here is an example of a gated X-filter that i made using the synthdrum. if you dissconnect the 2 modules from the output, one at a time, you can tell what it is doing.
Attachments
Keres_BassEnhancement.sunvox
(5.23 KiB) Downloaded 98 times