Varry sound spectrum with automation

stugood

Varry sound spectrum with automation

Post by stugood »

How might I vary a synth and its layers across the spectrum; filling out and the space with volume, panning and delay automation? This is for a track I've already made using the default 0E (Keys5), which is one of my favourite synths in SunVox. Can anyone give me any tips or point to relevant tutorials? I'm not sure if I've used much automation up until now, rather it seems I have programmed and controlled everything manually.
Keres

Re: Varry sound spectrum with automation

Post by Keres »

Use an LFO set to "generator" mode into a snd2ctrl, then select which slider to control with it. Each slider in a module has a corresponding number, which is set in the parameters of the snd2ctrl. you can also record those values to a track (look at the bottom of the sound2ctrl parameters for the extra options).
Keres

Re: Varry sound spectrum with automation

Post by Keres »

as i re-read this i see you specify "spectrum" and "automation" so... here is a track example of your fav instrument with an LFO automation created by the 39xxyy command. what it does is it cycles the setting for the resonance and filter of that instrument by 6 and 9 lines every time the pattern loops. this greatly varies the spectrum and this technique can easily be used with the volume and panning sliders as well. I used the Pattern levels drawing to make a pattern on tracks 4 and 5 of the filter and resonance. the commands on the last 2 lines of track 0 are 39xxyy commands that cycle those 2 tracks down every time the pattern loops. acts the same way as an LFO on those 2 parameters.

cheers!
Attachments
KERES LFO TRACK SHIFT EXAMPLE 2021-02-19 00-35.sunvox
(31.29 KiB) Downloaded 126 times