Can someone help to make a polyphonic tremelo arp?

philipbergwerf

Can someone help to make a polyphonic tremelo arp?

Post by philipbergwerf »

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a polyphonic tremolo arpeggiator. Maybe there is already someone who made this? The current file does already the tremolo effect but only monophonic. Is there a trick that can make it polyphonic?

(You have to connect the module to a synth)
Attachments
tremelo arp.sunsynth
(5.68 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Logickin λ

Re: Can someone help to make a polyphonic tremelo arp?

Post by Logickin λ »

Finally, I have a working demo, but still have flaws. If you play a chords and release the first note and press another might mess up the polyphony. What is happened to the module that there is a decoder to control the additional multisynth's velocity to act as a gate. If the signal is high, the velocity will stay at 128 and play a notes, otherwise, the velocity will set to 0 to stop the note from playing.

The similar decoder concept was used for my classic arpeggiator:
https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4944

however, the best solution is to use multiple instance of your tremelo arp and play each notes individually, since it is the simplest and the most CPU friendly. Those decoder tricks is only good for proving the concept.

Here is the improved module, which supports up to 3 note polyphony It is scalable, but the overhead is large.
improved tremelo arp.sunsynth
(26.49 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
philipbergwerf

Re: Can someone help to make a polyphonic tremelo arp?

Post by philipbergwerf »

Wow, impressive! I am going to study this thing! Thank you. It's a good tool for puzzling with harmony and arp combined :) so for the song I will use the pattern and write each note.