Automate/randomize internal sampler module params?

erikjms

Post by erikjms »

Since there is no obvious way to automate or randomize parameters inside the Editor window in the Sampler Module, I probably should make this as a feature request, and maybe will if this comes up dry.

But just in case anyone knows a secret passageway to randomize or otherwise automate, say, the loop points in a sample or the volume envelope breakpoints, I would really really really love to know more about it. Because some sort of programmatic access to these parameters within SunVox itself (I do not have the expertise to program my own synth around the sunvox library but wish I did!) is the major obstacle between this moment here and the moment SunVox can run as a reasonable facsimile of a granulation synth.

I think, anyway. I've tried a few things, and this is where I always get stuck. I can imagine a wavetable synth using static loop points, but they need to move around for useful granulation. IMHO.

Ideas welcome! Or a new feature. :)
Keres

Re: Automate/randomize internal sampler module params?

Post by Keres »

You can do some amazing things with the MultiSynth since there is a slider for phase. I took a stab at a loop points emulator, but i can only work out sliding the front loop point with a forwards loop. check out my patch (zipped).

I did try it with 2 Multisynths into the sampler, it almost sounded like the end loop point, but i dono... someone with more skills/time than me might figure it out.

what would be cool is if this site had a way for users to place a bounty placed on such things, say with prices set in beers from the sunvox engineer's local liquor store. My store is: https://www.yelp.com/biz/poindexter-dis ... rtlesville - :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Attachments
Keres_Loopy.sunsynth.zip
(40 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

ok, take a look at the metamodule with the breakbeat sample in this track:

http://legg.guru/music/Keres_DiabloBreak.sunvox

you can see that all i did was add another multisynth and then i had one slider for phase1/BPM and one slider for phase2/TPB. that gave me quite a few "granular" options using those 2 sliders. and, naturally the track just wrote itself -=)

i can imagine a metamodule that not only uses the idea above, but also using the new 39 command, which would offset the position of all the multisynth triggers in the pattern. the possibilities are endless.