Sunvox feature modulation?

lusarm

Sunvox feature modulation?

Post by lusarm »

about 1 year ago I tested how s2c works. I knew it means a lot, but can it does when no input?
YEAH IT DID
for beginners, try to link 2 of s2c to a dc offset of an amplifier. then just slide sample rate and out min.
sound nice ehh? call this offset modulator. it works on offset of course.
so lets add again on the out min(and a reverb for symphony like).
it also works on volume, freq and phase set.
lusarm

Re: Sunvox feature modulation?

Post by lusarm »

maybe it's not news but I super like it
Keres

Post by Keres »

Please provide an example file. Your English is not so good as your sunvoxing skills.
Logickin λ

Post by Logickin λ »

Keres wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:54 am Please provide an example file. Your English is not so good as your sunvoxing skills.
Finally I understand what lusarm want to say.

I think the use of "Sunvox feature modulation" as title is not a good name for representing the behavior.
If this described as "Async sound2ctrl Sample Rate Trigged Clock", it might be clearer:
So what actually happened is that 2 sound2ctrl modules controlling the DC offset of an Amplifier.
Due to the different sampling rate, 2 sound2ctrl update the module independently.

Here is the example:
If:
A = sound2ctrl with 4hz sampling rate,
B = sound2ctrl with 3hz sampling rate,
the trigger pattern will look like this
A: A..A..A..A..A..A..A..A..
B: B...B...B...B...B...B...
A+B: A..AB.A.BA..A..AB.A.BA..

So, A will set its own minimum to the amplifier with its own timing, while B also set its own minimum to the amplifier with its own timing,
result in an alternating pattern.

However, it is only works stably when A sampling rate % B sampling rate != 0;
If setting the frequency that A can be divided by B, no sound will come out after pressing the stop button.

Eg: A = 4hz and B = 2 Hz:
A: A.A.A.A.A.A.A.A.
B: B...B...B...B...
A+B: A.A.A.A.A.A.A.A.

Here is the SunVox file I tried to recreate this behavior (High Volume Alert!!!):
Async Sound2Ctl Oscillator.sunvox
(3.92 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

cool! thanks for the explanation.

seems like it would also be good for adding slight jitter to certain sliders.

thanks!
Attachments
Keres_Asink.sunsynth
(8.51 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Logickin λ

Post by Logickin λ »

Interesting... I never thought about using pitch2Control to control the sample rate of the sound2Control, as I don't use pitch2Control and velocity2Control that frequently. I think I may spend some time to mess around these 2 modules.
Keres

Post by Keres »

i think it would be cool to have modules make use of the pitch2ctrl more easily. most parameters don't line up harmonically with the pitch2ctrl, but it would have been cool if they had been coded to do so. It seems like Nightradio was aware of this and chose to include the "pitch" mode of the pitch2ctrl, but it is hard to figure out just how it relates to each slider. for example, the sample rate of the snd2ctrl compared to the pitch scale slider on the pitch shifter, are 2 very different configurations ofl the pitch2ctr, and GOOD LUCK figuring them out. expectthis topic needs a new thread.

I really like the discovery of lusarm's discovery, it seems like this tactic could be made into some noise cleaning metamodule or some new type of FM metamodule.