algorithmic music.... is It possibruh?

latidos

algorithmic music.... is It possibruh?

Post by latidos »

I don't know if this has been mentioned before ..... But...
:shock:
Is It possibruh to make algorithmic music in sunvox un its actual state, cause if not that would be a neat feat. Anyway if It can happen I'll try ti collab with whatever i can...

Inspired hy this great video:
https://youtu.be/trSIq0ExEfw
justin

Re: algorithmic music.... is It possibruh?

Post by justin »

you might want to try creating sunvox files using Python and Radiant Voices

https://github.com/metrasynth/radiant-voices
Keres

Post by Keres »

:~$ pip install radiant-voices
Collecting radiant-voices
Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages ... 3.0.tar.gz
Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named setuptools

----------------------------------------
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-eDKtNs/radiant-voices/

and on top of that, i don't know anything about python.
Keres

Post by Keres »

Internal to sunvox only, it is possible to control the Frequency slider on an LFO (set to generate) and get musical tones. This doesn't use the note column. The multictrl module was overhauled to make this an explosive and fantastic method of creating real-time random/algorithmic music. There is also a new set of commands like... the 29xxyy command. These are all incredible tools. The one tool that does not exist yet is to be able to feed data from something like the Pitch2Ctrl into a MultiSynth. I know from experience with other music apps that mixing control signals/audio signals can generate bad crashes. The one thing that makes Sunvox so amazing is that it just does not crash. It would be cool to say... set up an audio input to directly transpose into MIDI data, but if it means crashing the whole box, forget it. I already own a Roland Gk30.

another thing you can do... Oh! the infinate ways to generate algorithmic music in Sunvox!!! you can now use the 7xxxx command on a metamodule. so, in the metamodule, you type in your scale... then you use a multisynth to control it and algorhythmically control the phase slider (say like with an LFO into a snd2trl).

I feel like the guys using radiant voices are basically using it for something like a better version of Orb composer ;p looks really cool. I need to get that working!
Logickin λ

Post by Logickin λ »

I am not sure does it count, I have built some logic gates and flip flops on sunvox and made some music out of them, planned to post some state machine music on youtube but I don't have much time to build them block by block and doing all the recording and mixing.
I use glide to change pitch in real time and modulator to change the envelope.

Sunvox logic - Tetris Song.zip
(10.18 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Yes, this is the Tetris song - Troika, since I use it for experiment.
Due to the module limit, only half of the song can be made.
The note input is for trigger the generator and flip flops.
Keres

Post by Keres »

Logickin λ - what a classic track! i don't pretend to understand how your cover of the tetris song works (yet) but it is incredible! Thanks for sharing!
Keres

Post by Keres »

Yo, the new 39xxyy command is killer for making algorithmic melodies. make a metamodule with an odd number of lines in a pattern, use that command to shuffle the notes wildly.
Keres

Post by Keres »

here is a 4 octave Cmaj scale that is flipped around by the 31 and the 39 commands. this is an algorithmic example, but it is also destructive to the track inside of it. that means that when you stop, then play again, it will pick up from where it left off. It will not repeat from the beginning. if you want it to repeat the same way it did, you will have to load it back into sunvox again.
Attachments
Keres_AlgoScale.sunsynth
(4.72 KiB) Downloaded 183 times