sound to image untransformed

Software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer
olesven

sound to image untransformed

Post by olesven »

I have a soundfile (wav) and want to import it into ANS in such a way that when I play the sound before any editing, it sounds just like the original. Is this possible? (Are there any settings that may bring me closer to the original than others?)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: sound to image untransformed

Post by NightRadio »

No, sorry.
Virtual ANS can't reproduce the original WAV file with 100% accuracy. It is just impossible due to the ANS engine nature, where the phase part of the spectrum is always random (original phase information will be lost).
olesven

Post by olesven »

I get it, thanks!

Actually I don't quite get it, that is I don't get the technology part. I thought ANS was based on inventions by Evgeny Murzin who worked with synchronizing sound and image in cinematography. Wasn't the successful idea to incorporate sound into the image-frame and later reverse this process?

But of course I understand that ANS now has another focus and I get your point; that this ability is not present. ANS looks exciting, though.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I thought ANS was based on inventions by Evgeny Murzin who worked with synchronizing sound and image in cinematography.
No :) Murzin's main invention ANS was not related to cinematography. And it was exactly the same as Virtual ANS (but of course the Virtual one is much more powerful now).
Wasn't the successful idea to incorporate sound into the image-frame and later reverse this process?
This is classical optical sound technology http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_sound
But this is not the ANS :)
But of course I understand that ANS now has another focus
Focus is the same