Android sound glitches

Software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer
AlexR

Android sound glitches

Post by AlexR »

Hello.
I recently boght virtual ANS for Android. I really like it but i got one issue:

During playback, there are occassional click noises. To me, this sounds like a performance issue.it is, however, a Nexus5 device, which should habe enough CPU power (right?). I can fix it by turning the sound quality settings all the way down but than it does not sound good anymore.

Changing buffer size did not help.

Are there known issues with this phone type? Or with Android 4.4?

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Could it be an open SL issue? I had similar problems in caustic that disappeared when i switched to audiotrack API. Can i make virtual ANS use the audiotrack API?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Android sound glitches

Post by NightRadio »

I'm afraid this may be OpenSL problems of specific device :( SunVox can't work with audiotrack API, sorry...
But i think it can also be related to some additional audio resampling in OpenSL if your hardware supports 48000Hz. I will add 48000 support to the next SunVox Android update.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Sounds promissing. Thank you.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

NightRadio wrote:I'm afraid this may be OpenSL problems of specific device :( SunVox can't work with audiotrack API, sorry...
But i think it can also be related to some additional audio resampling in OpenSL if your hardware supports 48000Hz. I will add 48000 support to the next SunVox Android update.
Just realized your answer was about SunVox. Im not usung SunVox but Virtual ANS. I did not try SunVox yet do I dont know if Ill have these problems there too. It probably does not matter as I assume your tools share common audio engine code and youll probably add 48kHz to them all, but.... Just so you know :D
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Ah sorry, i was tired... :)
Yes, the same situation with the Virtual ANS. 48k support will be added soon.