Feature request: Switch the scale between pitch and frequency for vocal synthesis

Software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer
freealise

Feature request: Switch the scale between pitch and frequency for vocal synthesis

Post by freealise »

I am trying to do voice synthesis and it looks like every other app, including SunVox, is too coarse for that.
The formants of vowels and consonants make more sense when displayed on a linear scale (Hz).
VirtualANS only has the logarithmic one for music, which is understandable.
Is there a possibility for this option to be added in future?

p.s. I mean 'coarse' obviously in terms of interface and not the sound.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Feature request: Switch the scale between pitch and frequency for vocal synthesis

Post by NightRadio »

Is there a possibility for this option to be added in future?
I hope so :)
At least this is in my long-term plans.
freealise

Re: Feature request: Switch the scale between pitch and frequency for vocal synthesis

Post by freealise »

I was impressed by the popularity of Vocaloid and its competitors, including Synthesizer V that has an English voicebank and a free version (also for Linux). But they are mostly Japanese as it has simpler phonetics than English, which requires a lot of recording or a neural network because of consonant clusters. So I thought it could be possible to do without a voicebank at all with pure synthesis and got in trouble with consonants, for which I found the data but am confused with the interface for input as they connect with the adjacent phonemes.
Last edited by freealise on Thu May 06, 2021 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
freealise

Post by freealise »

It is possible to use the NatureOscillator this way with its bended curves, although unintuitive as it warps the time scale :)