MetaModule: input module 0 = root bpm

philipbergwerf

MetaModule: input module 0 = root bpm

Post by philipbergwerf »

Sometimes you want the metamodule to have the same bpm as your project. I was thinking maybe it is handy to make a setting zero for the bpm slider. If set to zero it sets the metamodule bpm to the current projects bpm automatically. And change the text from the slider to 'root bpm' if the bpm slider is set to zero. This saves time when using for example a delay module inside a metamodule that is linked to bpm. Currently you have to change two sliders manually.
Last edited by philipbergwerf on Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gtrs

Re: MetaModule: input module 0 = root bpm

Post by gtrs »

I love this idea - I don't see why metamodules don't do this by default since you inevitably want things to sync but I'm new to Sunvox so who knows! Will be awesome if this feature were implemented - can get rid of all the MultiCtl cascading of BPM I need to do now.
burij

Post by burij »

This feature would be amazing - I totally agree! +1. In the meantime, there is a little metamodule (thanks to acheney for making crucial adjustments) that can be used as a workaround. To use it, you'll need an additional LFO (which you can copy from inside the module) with a 1-tick sine wave as input. This LFO "reads" the speed of the project. If it's connected, you can then connect Pacemaker to multiple metamodules, which will be synced to the project's BPM.
Attachments
wsch pacemaker.sunsynth
(5.33 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
You can download my exclusive Sunvox-Metamodules here: https://label.weddinger-schule.de/category/tools/
purelygrey

Post by purelygrey »

+1, good idea! Was thinking about "bpm sync" as well recently, it is usually what I want when I have a metamodule that plays patterns