Macro Recording & Replay

tkna

Macro Recording & Replay

Post by tkna »

Dear NightRadio.
Thanks for the cool development.

If the following were possible, many of the user's feature requests for operations could be fulfilled at once.

1. Record/Stop Macro
2. Macro playback
3. Saving macros
4. Assigning macros to shortcut keys

If shortcut key assignments could be made, it would also be possible to use a MIDI controller with peripheral tools.
This may be a difficult task, but please consider it.

If this is feasible with existing functionality, I'm sorry, but could someone please let me know?
I would especially like shortcut keys for Preferences and Project properties.
Keres

Re: Macro Recording & Replay

Post by Keres »

u mean with Jack? u can do whatever you want to do with that... sync to video ect.

what is a Macro?
tkna

Post by tkna »

Keres: Thanks. It certainly looks like there is a lot that can be controlled with MIDI and Audio in conjunction with JACK.
But for example, don't you want the main menu that comes up when you click on the icon in the upper left corner to be displayed with a shortcut key?

A macro is the recording and playback of an operation.
For now, if can record and replay a single operation (changing parameters of SunVox's internal state) on a limited number of objects, you can do a variety of things by building on that record and replay.

It is a naive idea of an amateur, but I came up with the following form.
  • Recording, playback, and key assignment of macros on the preference shortcut key UI
  • Within a module (meta-module? Macro-module?) Macro controllers in the
  • Concepts of Global macros on preferences and module macros in modules
There is still a lot I don't know about SunVox, so sorry if I'm being weird.
Keres

Post by Keres »

yes, weird.

but keep in mind, not at all out of bounds. what i thougt you might have meant at first is the old Octamed macro implementation of MIDI. in the later versions of Amiga Octamed (and i can't wrack my brain with trying to remember any version) it was possible to "tie" any command to MIDI. that meant all editing functions in the pattern, insrument , and song editor to a specifin MIDI binding.s tat

problem was, in those days there was nothing like Sunvox to send that much MIDI data to anything anyways.

I'm sure there were a few people out there those days that exploited hardware amiga=>amiga to semi-compose live ravecore classics.
names like 2bad mice, altern8, urban shakedown come to mind...

so yes. considering all the possiblities that have already been opened up with 2x-30x commands implemented in the tracker editor, to the possibilities of the metamodules... at this point Sunvox needs something more like an AI powered live assistant helper than any more new feature. like... an IBM watson plugin to finish tracks for you ;)
tkna

Post by tkna »

@Keres
I believe you are expressing yourself sarcastically, yet politely admonishing me.
It is true that my idea seems to me to do more harm than good to add to SunVox at this point.
I would appreciate it if you would take it easy as a kind of brainstorming session, not a serious one.

Here is how I came up with the idea.

Originally, I wanted shortcut key assignments to the following functions (Idea 1)

- Preferences
- Project Properties
- Shortcuts
- Touch theremin

However, I had seen that suggestion in the past logs, so I wondered what attractive features I could suggest further.
I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice if we could assign shortcut keys to arbitrary functions?" (Idea 2)

Expanding from there, "What if they could be controlled by a pattern editor or MIDI?" (Idea 3)

From there, "Wouldn't it be interesting if we could control chunks of operations as controllers of modules, like the key macro functions of vim and Emacs? (Idea 4)

And, well, that's about it.

In retrospect, I feel that the above ideas, especially after idea 2, are dangerous amateur ideas and should be rejected.

With that in mind, to summarize, perhaps the two points I would like to make now are as follows

1. I want shortcut key assignments for all commands in the menu, or for frequently used commands.
2. could a very sophisticated structure be created by simple functions?

As for #2, it is not specific.
Sorry for going off the title of the thread.

I look forward to trying out the existing features of SunVox.
Thanks for all the kind words you have shared with me.