Random note from track0; never repeat the same

philipbergwerf

Random note from track0; never repeat the same

Post by philipbergwerf »

I realy should like if there was a pattern effect that plays a random note from a selection of lines and never repeats the same line before it has played all lines in the selection.
iaon

Re: Random note from track0; never repeat the same

Post by iaon »

Here's a way to kind of do this. It's kept to 4 notes for demo simplicity. The 4 pitches are set on the user controllers. Play the MetaModule 4 times (any note in) and you'll get each pitch once, in random order.

It doesn't do sustain though.
Inside the MM, module 01 should be on line 0 to be in sync.

Everything happens on line 0, followed by a stop command. The cyclic shift command scrolls the next MultiSynth up. After the 4th pitch another note triggers the shuffling. It plays the 4 user pitches through randomly short note delays, then they're round-robined into Pitch2Ctls which set the transpose controllers in the new order.
Attachments
4_note_shuffle.sunvox
(10.84 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
philipbergwerf

Post by philipbergwerf »

iaon wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:15 am Here's a way to kind of do this. It's kept to 4 notes for demo simplicity. The 4 pitches are set on the user controllers. Play the MetaModule 4 times (any note in) and you'll get each pitch once, in random order.

It doesn't do sustain though.
Inside the MM, module 01 should be on line 0 to be in sync.

Everything happens on line 0, followed by a stop command. The cyclic shift command scrolls the next MultiSynth up. After the 4th pitch another note triggers the shuffling. It plays the 4 user pitches through randomly short note delays, then they're round-robined into Pitch2Ctls which set the transpose controllers in the new order.
This is so smart :) It's exactly the buidling block I wanted to have :) It's indeed kind of the same thing I want.
iaon

Post by iaon »

It's probaby better for CPU usage to put all those random delay length commands in one cycling track in versions with more notes.
Keres

Post by Keres »

u are talking about random with % of non-repeat.

i forget which app has that, but yeah... useful. it is when you can tell the sequencer to a play a random note in a scale but exclude the last note played by a certain percent. with most stuff 12% chance of non-repeat has some weird musical quality to it...

darn, what was that app. i think it was a tracker too because whe % value was in 2 command column hex.