delay: specify feedback in fine volume + inverse

AutumnCheney

delay: specify feedback in fine volume + inverse

Post by AutumnCheney »

the new delay parameter in the feedback module is really cool, but what would make it perfect is allowing it to have fine value and optional inversion in one knob

it should be a slider with 32768 values, centered at 16384 and with a value of 0 at that point. +/- 16384 should be what 256 feedback is now with or without inversion

i'm making this request because i'm actually trying to use it to model simple filters, and i can sort of do it in the linked setup, but idk how to make the delay feedback and subsequent coefficient module together correspond to the b1 coefficient in an "actual" filter

hopefully you'll take this into consideration

thanks in advance!
Attachments
1storderfeedback.sunvox
(10.55 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
Logickin λ

Re: delay: specify feedback in fine volume + inverse

Post by Logickin λ »

Second this, that would be very cool if this parameter have finer resolution, so we can make filter by “multiplying” with very fine number.

It will be cool to see if someone modeling some comb and ladder using delay modules.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I can increase the parameter resolution.
But the inversion of the delayed signal can already be obtained with parameter 08.Inverse?
AutumnCheney

Post by AutumnCheney »

NightRadio wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:32 pm I can increase the parameter resolution.
But the inversion of the delayed signal can already be obtained with parameter 08.Inverse?
my personal suggestion would be to have the inversion from this controller take effect outside the feedback loop while negative values of the feedback controller would correspond to inversion inside the loop
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!