Multiple Interface Outputs (and Control Voltage provisions?)

nickdanger

Multiple Interface Outputs (and Control Voltage provisions?)

Post by nickdanger »

What a fantastic piece of software you've made in SunVox!

I've been using it on the Mac and on iOS and it has completely blown me away. I use it often to sequence my hardware modular synth with midi as well, as it is far and away one of my favorite sequencers, and one of my favorite ways to make music.

The only downside with using MIDI to control external gear is that you're unable to send the tracker effects like vibrato, glides, and arpeggiators out, but I recently hacked together a little workaround with MultiSynth and Pitch2Ctl. Pitch2Ctl seems to only be able to output integers in pitch mode, so I generated a logarithmic curve in the Pixilang curve generator and use that to modulate the amplitude of an Amplifier being fed a DC offset. This results in a static DC voltage that conforms to volt/octave standard. After playing around with amplifier values for a bit, I can actually get 5 octaves of pitches out of my DC coupled audio interface, with all the tracker effects coming through as well as well!

So this brings me to the feature request. At present, the Output module only lets you address the first two outputs of your hardware interface. It would be amazing if there was the ability to create other Output modules that could output on specific other channels of your interface -- in this way, you could use multiple outputs to send signals to all other hardware in your studio -- samples to outboard effects, cueing, etc, as well as the ability to send control voltage on additional outputs on your DC coupled audio interface. At present, there is really no other solution for sequencing modular gear that would be approaching anywhere near as powerful as SunVox, as most of them are tied to MIDI, and therefore lack all the expressive pitch effects SunVox can provide.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you consider it! Thanks for this great software -- even without this feature, I am loving it.
jahmontee

Re: Multiple Interface Outputs (and Control Voltage provisions?)

Post by jahmontee »

I second this request. As an Eurorack Modular user with a Expert Sleepers ES8 module I’m currently only able to output on channels 1 and 2. An output module in SunVox would be amazing to be able to take advantage of all of my multiple outputs for sending SunVox track out to my hardware modules.

Additionally, being able to output CV and Gate would be a freaking amazing to!