SunVox Performance Mode

jbw

SunVox Performance Mode

Post by jbw »

Something I'd like to see:

SunVox Performance Mode

Basically a ripoff of Ableton Live clip launching, but hey Bitwig and others have already stolen it too so why not? :D

Imagine: Switching the bottom timeline to performance mode, where patterns are toggled on or off with a tap (iOS version) and in sync with the beat.

The details and implementation would have to be figured out, but might make for a good feature for 2.0.
queries

Re: SunVox Performance Mode

Post by queries »

If you stack all your patterns up, and make use of velocity controllers of multisynth along with volume controllers of amps, you can do a lot of live performance with SunVox already.

Also, while you're in "play pattern" mode, you can select a new pattern in the timeline, and when the last-selected pattern finishes playing, it will jump to the newly-selected pattern seamlessly.

Here is a song that I made using "dub" style -- that is, the only changes I made during performance was twisting knobs on a MIDI controller. The only patterns are just a 4-bar loop. Everything else is all about how SunVox reacts to those changes. :)

andy79

Post by andy79 »

+1
Performance mode would be great. It is a compex feature, but as the op says, this is becoming common across more and more daws.
offthesky

Post by offthesky »

++1 to this!