Pattern Editor view

rainydayshirts

Pattern Editor view

Post by rainydayshirts » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:44 am

I was just thinking how useful it would be to be able to select multiple patterns (or just two due to screen limitations) in the timeline and have them appear side-by-side in the Pattern Editor section (above the Modules). This would be really handy for visually matching chords/rhythms/etc.

Also, maybe have these two Pattern Editor zoom independently.
Jesse R. Schilling | rainydayshirts

| Bandcamp | Deviantart | Patreon |

timelime

Re: Pattern Editor view

Post by timelime » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:21 am

Yes, I'm also trying to more effective correlate what is in the patterns. Intuitively I am looking for a way to split the top pattern editing pane to show their events in time side by side. I'm not sure that might involve visually scaling the size of their measures and things since I think they can be out of sync. Maybe that is not possible and it is simpler than that. I am a newbie.

Thing is, just for an example right now it seems hard say if I have two long patterns I recorded I have to go between them and only be looking at one at a time, . But I can't seem to make it very easy, in my mind I can see like the things out of sync

---------+---------------
--------------+-----------

Just an example, it is not a real easy exercise to somehow spot where in the timeline the first event was then jump over to the other and adjust it to be in the same place. It seems like best right now to be looking at the one that needs edited and mentally note about the number along the left when the other part is heard, move the part to around there. Is there some essential technique like maybe can join/split the patterns for working with?