Automatic entry of sample offset values

jbw

Automatic entry of sample offset values

Post by jbw » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:13 am

In a recent update (I think it was recent) sample offset values were added to the sampler, showing the sample offset values for effects 07 and 09. Would be great if there were some way to automatically enter those values into a pattern. Maybe some simple buttons would do?

Example:

You have a drum beat in the sampler, with the sample being played every 8 rows. For row 16 you want the sample to offset at a certain point. You move the cursor to row 16, open the sampler edit page, select the point where you want the sample to offset, hit the button (either 07 or 09), and that value is automatically entered at row 16.

I guess two buttons, one for 07 and one for 09 would do. Would be great to have it also enter the effect (either 07 or 09).

This way you could quickly and easily go through and mix up a sample, using either sample offset effects, without having to enter data manually.

iaon

Re: Automatic entry of sample offset values

Post by iaon » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:24 am

+1

Saltbearer

Post by Saltbearer » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:44 am

As someone kinda trying to mix with SunVox, yes please. THIS is my dream though, and what I thought the title meant:

Set...

- Lines per pattern
- Offset frequency in lines
- Starting offset
- XXYY value to add between offsets (allow fractions)
- Whether to stop at 8000 or n patterns/lines
- Number of repeats

Boom, generate a track with a properly chopped sample split across as many patterns as necessary. Would save me hours.

Also cool would be a similar tool to actually chop a sample and split it up into different samples within the sampler, automatically mapped to keys.

jbw

Post by jbw » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:21 am

My memory kicked in, and I recalled there being a beat slicer on the SunVox to do list. Sure enough:

"Beat slicer: playing the sound from different equally spaced offsets using different notes."

So it sounds like easier sample offset is on the way.