Chorus Effect

mirgatroid

Chorus Effect

Post by mirgatroid » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:14 am

I'm surprised that there isn't a chorus effect module. I'd love to put some chorus on spectravoice and synth leads.

Koekepan

Re: Chorus Effect

Post by Koekepan » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:46 am

You don't really need a chorus module to do that. Here's what you do:

Multisynth two synthesis modules, and use the module parameters to finetune them slightly out of tune with each other. Voila, chorus.

P.S.: for added fun and profit, now put your synths through reverb and flanger.

jbw

Post by jbw » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:48 am

+1

For a chorus effect module. Would be a good addition in my opinion.

SawZer

Post by SawZer » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:32 am

FWIW, I've already made a chorus like module, using vibratos: http://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php ... 9204#p9204
Feel free to open it up
Creator of the BOX10SVC

yul

Post by yul » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:46 am

I did a chorus using the delay with LFOs controlling the L/R delays. Make sure you tweak the delays into hertz ( I believe) to make it sound realistic. You can use two LFO's (one for each delay) but I also tried it in mono. It has a very distinctive character which I like.

SawZer

Post by SawZer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:21 am

yul wrote:I did a chorus using the delay with LFOs controlling the L/R delays. Make sure you tweak the delays into hertz ( I believe) to make it sound realistic. You can use two LFO's (one for each delay) but I also tried it in mono. It has a very distinctive character which I like.
I tried this and it sounds really cool! If you set the delay to Mono and Inverse both true, it creates a PWM with a sawtooth input
Creator of the BOX10SVC

yul

Post by yul » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:29 am

ChippyMunk wrote:
yul wrote:I did a chorus using the delay with LFOs controlling the L/R delays. Make sure you tweak the delays into hertz ( I believe) to make it sound realistic. You can use two LFO's (one for each delay) but I also tried it in mono. It has a very distinctive character which I like.
I tried this and it sounds really cool! If you set the delay to Mono and Inverse both true, it creates a PWM with a sawtooth input
Wow! Just tried it and certainly does fat PWM like sounds!!

To clarify, a single generator sounds into the delay. Separately, I used multysnth (fixed pitch, transpose to low freq.) into a second generator with sine wave and then sound2ctrl to imitate LFO type modulation for the delay. Dry and Wey at 50% each. Delay set in Hz...then modulate the delay.

Super sounds!