MIDI into Sunvox - Ignore in Editor, Just send to module?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
teamoth

MIDI into Sunvox - Ignore in Editor, Just send to module?

Post by teamoth »

Hiya, I've got Sunvox running on a pc and an external sequencer triggering notes in Sunvox at a slightly wonky different tempo. This gives a nice woozy effect.

The only trouble is that when I unlock the editor in Sunvox to add some notes to my sequence, naturally what's playing on the external sequencer is input as note data.

Is there any way to have Sunvox ignore incoming MIDI signals in editor mode, and only have MIDI data going to a specific module/s?
leondustar

Re: MIDI into Sunvox - Ignore in Editor, Just send to module?

Post by leondustar »

It sounds like the midi preview-channel(s) are getting in your way.
Try setting the midi preview channel to 16 (because default=any/all) in preferences > midi (and dont send stuff on channel 16 from your sequencer or keyboard unless you really want)

another thing you can do, is to rightclick generator-modules, and set midi to 'always' and set their midichannel to the expected sequencer-channel (not 'any' or 1).

This will prevent accidental midi preview-channel notes from being processed when clicking a module (which enables the preview-channel(s))

I guess most people use a midi keyboard for live input (not a multichannel sequencer), hence these 'any' previewchannel defaults.