SunSharp - A C#/.NET SunVox Library wrapper and helper

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Sotakebk

SunSharp - A C#/.NET SunVox Library wrapper and helper

Post by Sotakebk »

I made a SunVox wrapper, and it was pretty fun!

SunSharp is a wrapper and helper library for SunVox Library, written in C#. The library contains a thin wrapper, allowing for comfortably making calls with C#-style methods and objects, as well as an intuitive object-oriented wrapper, managing a few more things for the user. Additionally, additional abstractions and mechanisms are provided to help implement dynamic music in games and other software.

The current version is semi-stable, and it seems to be working properly.
Alex, please tell me if I'm missing anything like licence information, attributions, etc :)
Any feedback is welcome, including the code style and structure, bugs, etc.

Currently working on: Unity3D package, then MultiCtl-based vertical control abstraction, and I'll maybe think about an approach for a continuous data generator process or something.
redcodefinal

Re: SunSharp - A C#/.NET SunVox Library wrapper and helper

Post by redcodefinal »

Hey fellow binding dev! I write the one for Crystal but I know some C#. I'll take a look and see if there is any suggestion I can make. Do your bindings have an example of using sv_audio_callback to output to a wav file?
Sotakebk

Re: SunSharp - A C#/.NET SunVox Library wrapper and helper

Post by Sotakebk »

Not to wav, but to audio output by using the NAudio library, example here.
Otherwise, if you want to create a .wav file yourself, porting the C code from one of the examples included with the library to C# should be trivial.
I also managed to set it up to output the sound to Unity3D audio source, but unfortunately didn't have the time to take it further, and it also caused some issues with using a module's scope for visuals...