NightRadio
Site Admin

SunVox 2.1

Post by NightRadio »

SunVox 2.1 is out!
https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox
:Yahoo!: :beer:

What is new:
  • iOS: now the interface is displayed in high resolution; if you want to switch back to the normal low resolution mode (on some devices this will increase the FPS) - go to the Preferences -> Interface -> Low resolution;
  • iOS: Preferences -> Audio -> Additional options: new option "minimize the amount of system-supplied signal processing" (measurement mode);
  • iOS 9 support has been dropped; now the minimum is 11;
  • macOS 10.9 support has been dropped; now the minimum is 10.13;
  • Wi-Fi export/import is now also available on Android;
  • high resolution icons;
  • high resolution fonts with fractional scaling (only in OpenGL version, including iOS, Android, macOS, Windows and Linux); you can disable these features in Preferences -> Interface -> Fonts;
  • sound engine optimization;
  • Distortion: new type "saturation" (adding odd harmonics) + five of its variations;
  • MultiSynth: new option "Output port number = random" (three different algorithms are available);
  • Loop: new controller "Length unit" (line/128;line;line/2;line/3;tick;ms;Hz);
  • Loop: new controller "Maximum buffer size" (in seconds) to protect against allocating too much memory;
  • Loop: the maximum of the "Repeat" controller has been increased to 128 (128 = repeat endlessly);
  • new curve types for ADSR and FMX modules: rect; smooth rect; 2-bit (linear); 3-bit; 4-bit; 5-bit;
  • module editor menu: new function "Mute/Solo buttons" to show/hide the Bypass/Mute/Solo buttons under each module;
  • musical keyboard: the new panel with additional functions and settings; to open it - increase the height of the keyboard and press the appeared "+" button;
  • musical keyboard settings: type (classic, uniform, free (any frequency)), number of rows, key width, color inversion, autorepeat;
  • new way to edit a pattern - drawing with a brush; go the pattern editor menu and select "Draw" - this will open the pattern drawing tools;
  • for a more detailed description of working with a brush, see changelog_details.txt or https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/manual.php#pdraw
  • new features in the pattern editor menu: Copy to brush; Reverse; Draw (open pattern drawing tools);
  • Preferences -> Timeline: new option "Hexadecimal track numbers";
  • Preferences -> Toolbars: the buttons on the horizontal dividers can be customized here; see changelog_details.txt or https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/manual.php#toolbars
  • pattern editor menu -> Remap: module number -1 = all modules;
  • more detailed pattern names after the live recording;
  • new pattern effect (column EE): 35 - bind MIDI OUT message XX (0 - Program Change; 1 - Channel Pressure; 2 - Pitch Bend Change) to controller YY (0 - OFF; 0x80 - MIDI controller 0; 0x81 - MIDI controller 1...); for the specified module only;
  • new special pattern command: "XX" - stop the module, clear its internal buffers and put it into standby mode;
  • new keyboard shortcuts (unassigned by default) that open the corresponding tool windows in the pattern editor:
    • interpolate;
    • transpose;
    • cyclic shift;
    • set effect;
    • draw;
  • new keyboard shortcuts (unassigned by default) for the pattern editor:
    • clear pattern;
    • shrink pattern /2;
    • expand pattern *2;
    • slice by cursor;
    • reverse;
    • pattern properties;
    • show/hide CCEEXXYY columns;
    • scale;
    • insert a special command "Stop the Module" (XX);
  • new keyboard shortcuts for working with the brush:
    • CTRL+E - play current note (in the pattern editor) and copy it to the brush;
    • CTRL+L - play the notes of the current line (in the pattern editor) and copy it to the brush;
    • play the 1st line of the brush (unassigned by default);
    • сopy selected area of the pattern to the brush (unassigned by default);
    • CTRL+G - paste from the brush;
  • new modules in the instruments/ and effects/ folders;
  • new examples:
    • SunVox Compo 2022.02 winners: fuzion_mixer & Logickin - Synthonic Voyage, RobloxFan75000 - Hypermatic, PhilipBergwerf - We want Peace;
    • NightRadio - Cycles of Light;
  • updated version of SunVox library for developers: https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox_lib.php
  • bug fixes.
vectrex

Re: SunVox 2.1

Post by vectrex »

woohoow! congrats night :beer:
Mega Micro

Post by Mega Micro »

SunVox 2.0 is out! *picture of SunVox 2.1 update*
Lol what

Also, am I the first one who tried Sunvox 2.1 (full version)? I visited the SunVox page 2 times a day, when I got back home I remembered to check the page and saw the new version, I opened it in ~13:35 (not exactly) (Moscow time)
:beer:
PFP from this game
andy79

Post by andy79 »

Many thanks for the update and for keeping this project alive!

If you would be able to open a donation channel other than crypto or the apps (already bought) it could be useful. The context is not the best, I know...
maks

Post by maks »

Wonderful news, thanks for all your hard work on this Alexander!
I've already downloaded the new version of libSunvox and am very excited to try it out!
And even more thanks for adding all the new functions! They are pretty much all the features I had been hoping for and more! so I am very happy to start using them in my project! :D :Yahoo!:
Hitachii

Post by Hitachii »

The pattern drawing mode is SWEET! Thanks!!!!
teamoth

Post by teamoth »

New Sunvox is always appreciated! Thanks so much! :Yahoo!:
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

SunVox has been updated to v2.1b!
  • Loop: new controller "On NoteON" (restart with transition to zero iteration (record);restart current iteration); see simple_examples/loop4.sunvox;
  • pattern effect 34: new value 4 - use Round-robin keyboard track allocation algorithm, instead of default tight packing; may be required for live play on the MultiSynth module with the "trigger" option; but this option may cause the brush to work incorrectly;
  • bug fixes.