SunVox 2.1 BETA

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
philipbergwerf

Re: SunVox 2.1 BETA

Post by philipbergwerf »

Whats the difference between multisynth random1 and random2? Maybe you can describe it with one word?
philipbergwerf

Post by philipbergwerf »

I tried to place the 'vol' on the toolbar2(bottom toolbar) in the settings but it doesn't appear on the screen. Is it a bug?

Update: sorry I had a typo please ignore :)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

philipbergwerf wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:53 pm Whats the difference between multisynth random1 and random2? Maybe you can describe it with one word?
rnd() = random value from 0 to 32767

random1:
out = rnd() * number_of_outputs / 32768;

random2:
out = rnd() % number_of_outputs;

It's almost the same, but the distribution of random values is slightly different.

Post by 9912 »

leaving a suggestion for reverb module:
-controller: Reverb time (time for reverb in lines or seconds, after that, reverb becomes silent)
-controller: Reverb treshold (in dB, for example, if incoming signal is below -80 dB, reverb becomes silent)
the purpose of this is providing a way to make it more cpu efficient and with that reverb is no cpu hungry anymore
iaon

Post by iaon »

It's easy to play 4 notes into the keyboard brush and change them like in the video, but on a touchscreen (android) I can only play 2 simultaneous notes. Shouldn't there be a way to highlight additional notes in the <N> mode without writing them to the pattern first?
iaon

Post by iaon »

I use the play-&-copy-to-brush button and click a line number, the line contains 4 notes.
Three turn green but one stays dark gray as if it's still being played.
It's the last note in the line. If I put the G last and click, that one is gray. If I add a 5th note, the two last are gray.
Earlier I had a situation where all 4 stayed grey.
I tested with Sustain ON to see if the gray notes keep sounding, but they don't.
philipbergwerf

Post by philipbergwerf »

Sunvox is remembering a lot of things when restarting. But I should really like if the keyboard oct-/oct+ position was also remembered(on which position you left it). It's more for eye candy :)
philipbergwerf

Post by philipbergwerf »

I am like testing everything new and came across the question: Why is it not possible to bypass multisynth? I noticed earlier(in earlier versions) but like it should just bypass any effect that the multisynth is applying to the incoming note right? It should be handy for playing with networks of multisynth :) By the way I really love the new bms buttons in the module view :)
iaon

Post by iaon »

And maybe Sunvox could also remember if the "+" bar above the keyboard is open?

Question: What is "Auto repeat" in the keyboard settings?
Niko Dexx

Post by Niko Dexx »

hello, can new view disable bypass mute and solo buttons in settings if he wants?

It would also be nice to deactivate the parameters for the modules. a possibility in the settings for yes or no. it often happens to me that I unintentionally adjust the gain parameter on Multisynth with my finger.
e.g. a lock in front of it🔒/🔓
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

philipbergwerf wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:37 am Why is it not possible to bypass multisynth?
There are some technical difficulties with this feature... :) But I will try to implement it one day...
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

iaon wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:09 pm What is "Auto repeat" in the keyboard settings?
In the pattern edit mode, when "Auto repeat" is active, a single tap on the on-screen musical keyboard will generate a repeated note entry, similar to pressing a key on a PC keyboard.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

SunVox 2.1 BETA2 is out:
https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox-2.1-beta2.zip

What is new:

BETA2:
  • hi-res fonts and fractional scaling can now be disabled in Preferences -> Interface -> Fonts;
  • new pattern effect (column EE): 35 - bind MIDI OUT message XX (0 - Program Change; 1 - Channel Pressure; 2 - Pitch Bend Change) to controller YY (0 - OFF; 0x80 - MIDI controller 0; 0x81 - MIDI controller 1...); for the specified module only;
  • new special pattern command: "XX" - stop the module, clear its internal buffers and put it into standby mode;
  • musical keyboard settings: Row shift is now in semitones (instead of octaves);
  • bug fixes.

Post by 9912 »

*nobody
*absolutely no body

*me:
9912 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:36 pm something can redirect connection between modules to reduce the amount of modules in project? My plan is to use one reverb module only if needed due to its amount of cpu used.

If not, i leave this as a feature request, which have its controllers this way:
-00: Input module (00-FF)
-01: Output module (00-FF)
-Input module name: <module name shown>
-Output module name: <module name shown>
*meanwhile Gigachad NightRadio:
NightRadio wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:04 pm [*]new special pattern command: "XX" - stop the module, clear its internal buffers and put it into standby mode;
simpler solution impossible. great :good:
burij

Post by burij »

philipbergwerf wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:15 am Sunvox is remembering a lot of things when restarting. But I should really like if the keyboard oct-/oct+ position was also remembered(on which position you left it). It's more for eye candy :)
:cry: please not, it would break my production workflows. they rely on starting with C4
You can download my exclusive Sunvox-Metamodules here: https://label.weddinger-schule.de/category/tools/