SunVox 2.1 BETA

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
iaon

Re: SunVox 2.1 BETA

Post by iaon »

NightRadio wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:04 pmRow shift is now in semitones
Nice, you can get a bass guitar layout: 4 rows, 5 semitone shift

Also just noticed you can mousewheel velocity anywhere on the keyboard.
philipbergwerf

Post by philipbergwerf »

I want to ask a fanboy question. Nightradio can you share the upscaled font as ttf? I would like to use the monospace in my text editor :Yahoo!: Or does it work with a different system the fonts?
Keres

Post by Keres »

i love the keyboard upgrades in the new 2.1 beta.

this makes me wish for:

a 36" multi-touch monitor to run it on. going to try the new 2.2 beta... too much fun!
andy79

Post by andy79 »

Some nice updates indeed.

For the classic daw user (non tracker), the record in new pattern (from launchpad controller) has some quirks in my case:
- not accurate enough note start Quantization
- usually lower recorded velocity than the played one
- very poorly recorded off key event. Basically, for long sustain notes I always have to edit the hanging recorded notes
- the recorded pattern lenght should be quanized to the closest bar, now it is cut off at the last played note.
- in fact, in the Beta, even in the stepped note input, the velocity recorded is somehow off.

Not sure if I could improve these from some setting in the app. My hardware is in good shape, no such issues with other daws.

I'm aware, that for tracker workflow, these are not that important, but creating music in sunvox with a midi controler or touchscreen live record is hard.

I wonder if implementing the algos for solving the above (record input accuracy, smarter quantisation, record new notes or patterns over playing song) would jeopardize the efficiency of the app.

Thanks
sk0

Post by sk0 »

Thank you very much for implementing the command for clearing module status and other nice features!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

SunVox 2.1 is out!