translating pattern sequencers of regular daws to tracker patterns.

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
petshop

translating pattern sequencers of regular daws to tracker patterns.

Post by petshop »

im still in my electronic music production learning phases, and ive messed around with quite a few daws before falling in love with sunvox. im traditionally familir with pattern sequencers like in most daws, but the tracker patterns im slowly getting used to.

im trying to put together a nice drum sequence metamodule that functions a lot like "arcade" by output, but im realizing that im quite limited on my ability to produce good sounding drum sequences... so drum sequences aside...

whats your favorite pattern sequences for whatever instrument? im trying to expand my knowledge, so if anyone would be willing to share, it may make me and possibly someone else a better musician. thank you!!
AutumnCheney

Re: translating pattern sequencers of regular daws to tracker patterns.

Post by AutumnCheney »

the amen break pattern is a must for any drum sequence imo

uhh i'm not sure if i understand what you mean...
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
Keres

Re: translating pattern sequencers of regular daws to tracker patterns.

Post by Keres »

i think that he is having trouble using trackers since he is coming from a MIDI sequencing background where they have 384 pulses/quarter note.

petshop: use the power of the 4x-5x commands in the EE column. these commands delay a note by percent of row. 40=0% and 5F=96%

also, you can import a MIDI sequence with a tempo map and Sunvox will reasonably interpret it so that you can steal the rhythm and have it in a tracker format.