Simple questions about using a hardware keyboard

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
PaulR

Simple questions about using a hardware keyboard

Post by PaulR »

Hi
New Sunvox user here. I'd like to free up some screen space, is it possible to turn off/completely hide the on-screen/virtual keyboard as I'm using a hardware keyboard (Arturia Keystep)?

Also, is it possible to map one of the Keystep's controls to control instrument volume (eg the pitch/mod 'wheels' or the 'rate' (tempo) knob for example? I found an old thread about the subject and it was said to be on the development plan but I can't find out whether or not it has been implemented. If it has I'd also appreciate some guidance on how to do it!

TIA

Paul
Keres

Re: Simple questions about using a hardware keyboard

Post by Keres »

when you select a module, you will see it's parameters on the left in the form of sliders. you can double click any slider to bring up the properties of that slider. here you will find the ability to turn on a MIDI learn feature that will detect which MIDI controller you are using. you have the options underneath to set min/max values and to the right you can select a curve, and delete the midi controller all together.

make sure the right midi device is setup in the program settings.

as far as i know there is no way to get rid of the virtual keyboard (yet).
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Keres wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:59 am when you select a module, you will see it's parameters on the left in the form of sliders. you can double click any slider to bring up the properties of that slider. here you will find the ability to turn on a MIDI learn feature that will detect which MIDI controller you are using. you have the options underneath to set min/max values and to the right you can select a curve, and delete the midi controller all together.

make sure the right midi device is setup in the program settings.

as far as i know there is no way to get rid of the virtual keyboard (yet).
Thank you Keres, that's exactly what I need :D I can live with the virtual keyboard for now but it would be nice to be able to hide it.
samu

Post by samu »

PaulR wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:26 pm Thank you Keres, that's exactly what I need :D I can live with the virtual keyboard for now but it would be nice to be able to hide it.
Usually I just drag the middle bar all the way up to hide the pattern and the virtual keyboard when I'm editing sounds.
I also have the time-line hidden by default so I can tap to switch between the module-view and time-line view.

This makes it easier for me to focus...

One 'thing' that would be handy would be if there was an option to 'double tap/click' on the dividers to minimize or maximize a section without having to drag it all the way to the top or bottom.

Cheers!
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Thanks for the suggestion. I've increased the UI size to make it easier on my old eyes so any extra screen real estate would be useful.