SunVox 2.0 BETA

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
carnbyte

Re: SunVox 2.0 BETA

Post by carnbyte »

NightRadio wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:39 pm
carnbyte wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:38 pm I know it won't be in 2.0 but I'm wondering if it's on the future update list to have multi audio input and outputs in the AUv3 version?
Yes :) Multichannel input/output is planned
Great to hear, thank you! :D
zeffii

Post by zeffii »

loving the clone->detach option for patterns. ( even if it stops playback... )

wondering if i might be so bold as to ask for a kb shortcut to add a track to the existing/current pattern. ( even if it stops playback... )
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

BETA3 is out:
https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox-2.0-beta3.zip
  • Delay: the Feedback resolution has been increased to 32768;
  • Delay: new "Delay unit" value: sample; try to avoid using this as the sound will depend on the sampling rate in the SunVox settings;
  • Analog Generator: new controller "Osc2 phase" - starting phase of the additional oscillator;
  • Analog Generator: new option "Increased frequency computation accuracy";
  • FMX: new Modulation type - "phase+"; the same as phase modulation, but the envelope will be applied to self-modulation and feedback;
  • bug fixes;
iaon

Post by iaon »

AutumnCheney wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:36 pm btw, i think i noticed something

if you play the project and copy and paste a module, the playback stops. it didn't do this before. it happens with and without supertracks enabled
This appears to be fixed now. :good:
samu

Post by samu »

Hi!

Super thanks for adding the Osc2 phase and increased computation accuracy to the Analog Generator!

It's not 100% perfect but very nice and no longer a 'show stopper' when using the lowest octave unless using the Frequency / 2 option or low negative tuning values.

If I could make an additional wish for it it would be to have an ADSR(It's more like an AR now) for the filter baked in to the module but that's pushing it.

Ie. the filter goes to cutoff value with attack speed(0 = instant), falls from cutoff to 'filter sustain level' using decay speed and is held at sustain level before falling to zero with release speed. This would make it more suitable for all types of sounds that need filter shaping over time.

SunVox 2 is shaping up to an epic release/update!
Cheers!
jugger

Post by jugger »

samu wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:07 pm
If I could make an additional wish for it it would be to have an ADSR(It's more like an AR now) for the filter baked in to the module but that's pushing it.
+1

Full ADSR for both amplitude and filter in analog generator would be really useful
iaon

Post by iaon »

For some old .sunvox projects 'oscillator phase sync' is on in all the modules, if it is on in the default visualizer preferences.

For new projects the sync off state is saved regardless of default pref.
samu

Post by samu »

Just wondering if 'Merge Patterns'(Maybe with optional 'Merge to New') is on the to-do list?
This since we have a 'split' function for patterns but no 'merge' ?

Is there a 'to-do' list so we can avoid adding duplicates as requests?
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

samu wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:40 am Just wondering if 'Merge Patterns'(Maybe with optional 'Merge to New') is on the to-do list?
This since we have a 'split' function for patterns but no 'merge' ?
+1 for merging patterns!
samu wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:40 am Is there a 'to-do' list so we can avoid adding duplicates as requests?
There used to be a post with TODO items for SunVox, but I believe either NR made it private, deleted it, or just unpinned it.
a1matt

Post by a1matt »

NightRadio wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:05 pm BETA3 is out:
https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox-2.0-beta3.zip
  • Delay: the Feedback resolution has been increased to 32768;
  • Delay: new "Delay unit" value: sample; try to avoid using this as the sound will depend on the sampling rate in the SunVox settings;
  • Analog Generator: new controller "Osc2 phase" - starting phase of the additional oscillator;
  • Analog Generator: new option "Increased frequency computation accuracy";
  • FMX: new Modulation type - "phase+"; the same as phase modulation, but the envelope will be applied to self-modulation and feedback;
  • bug fixes;
I tested beta3 and the .xm file import is no longer crashing SunVox. Thank you, this is really appreciated.
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Would it be possible to mute / solo several selected modules (which is now possible in order to move them all together) or to resize them as well?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Lilith wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:56 pm Would it be possible to mute / solo several selected modules (which is now possible in order to move them all together) or to resize them as well?
You can mute/solo selected modules using the shortcuts (CTRL+1,2,3) or through the menu.
But group scaling is not implemented yet
valkavolk

Post by valkavolk »

I think, I've found a bug.. When I try to select (I mean highlight for cut/copy) few notes in the pattern using Shift+Down(Up) buttons - this works well. But if I want to do the same with the mouse - this doesn't work (click or rectangle selection).
Big big thanks! :)
(beta3)
sk0

Post by sk0 »

Thank you very much for implementing this! I'm sorry for the late reply, as I have been busy these days.
sk0 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:06 pm Is it possible to make SunVox turn on or off the multiple module selection mode at startup by recording in the sunvox_config.ini whether it was turned on or off at the last exit? It seems to be on by default at startup, but I like to leave it off most of the time because I want to scroll by left-clicking and dragging, so it would be nice to be able to do that.
jugger

Post by jugger »

valkavolk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:46 pm I think, I've found a bug.. When I try to select (I mean highlight for cut/copy) few notes in the pattern using Shift+Down(Up) buttons - this works well. But if I want to do the same with the mouse - this doesn't work (click or rectangle selection).
Big big thanks! :)
(beta3)
Selecting and cut/copy/pasteing notes with a mouse works fine here. Which OS are you having this problem with?