What OS do you use with SunVox? (poll 2020)

Multi-platform modular music creation studio

What system(s) do you use with SunVox?

You may select up to 13 options

View results

Keres

Re: What OS do you use with SunVox? (poll 2020)

Post by Keres »

2021... time for everyone to switch to AV linux based on MX linux based on Ubuntu based on Debian. :beer: :beer: :beer:
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

This poll has me curious and surprised why there's not more folks using Pi for sunvox. I got pi400 just to have a sunvox boot card as one of many 'carts' to run on it each with their own special use.
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
dapetcu21

Post by dapetcu21 »

Rondobotic wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:44 amI would also love a nintendo switch version of Sunvox :P
You can put Linux on a hacked Switch. I'm doing it right now. It's pretty great. I'm using https://github.com/AntiMicroX/antimicrox to map the Joycons to some common functions in SunVox. Having some physical controls definitely makes it very usable on the go. Spent a few train rides like this this week.
AutumnCheney

Post by AutumnCheney »

Keres wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:39 am 2021... time for everyone to switch to AV linux based on MX linux based on Ubuntu based on Debian. :beer: :beer: :beer:
parabola gnu/linux-libre ftw
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
Obscure

Post by Obscure »

When I first discovered SunVox, I was running it on an old 32-bit Windows XP laptop I stole from my highschool. They were throwing a few of them out, because they didn't need them sitting around in storage. No one was using them because they were so out of date. I asked the IT guy, and he said it'd be fine if I and my friends took them before they got thrown out.

From 2020 to now, I've been running SunVox on a newer 64-bit Windows 10 laptop. The significant upgrade jump between these two laptop produced a proportional performance increase in SunVox, but I was actually surprised by how well SunVox still worked on old 32-bit Windows. A testament to how efficient NightRadio's code is!

A few months ago (late 2021), I finally bought the Android version of Sunvox. Runs like a treat on my OnePlus 8 Pro. Great for composing on the go!
Check me out on YouTube!
Kid_lofi

Post by Kid_lofi »

i've used sunvox on Win7+, macos 10.15+, ios, android, WinCE and desktop x86 Debian. WinCE (on an iPaq 212 pda) was the most satisfying experience; stylus touchscreen, d-pad, couple of buttons for common shourcuts, adequate processor. Crashed if you tried to load a module with more than 24mb of samples in it, which i found to be a creativity-stimulating limitation rather than a flaw.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
alobx

Post by alobx »

CHEEZ2600 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:59 am I currently use the Android version on my Chromebook. I also have it on my phone as well.
i think you can use the linux virtual machine for linux launching
Keres

Post by Keres »

chrome book at the pawnshop... 60$ hmmmmm.... i can has Android Sunvox with realtime MIDI? hmmmm.... really?
Keres

Post by Keres »

DANG i just noticed that DietPi can be installed on a PC. I have tried it on a Pi 1b and it runs great... for a 700mghz single core. Has anyone tried this on a laptop or pc yet?
YommDaBomm

Post by YommDaBomm »

One of the very strong points of SunVox it that through it’s small size I tend to run it on whatever is in reach ;)
I have it installed on basically all of my computers (Linux, Win XP, Win 10, IMac, Hackintosh, iPad).
I didn’t install it on my Android phone due to screen size concerns.
But I understand from a developer point of view it makes sense to prioritize.

Cheers to all and thanks for this wonderful piece of software!