USB audio on android?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
theorize

USB audio on android?

Post by theorize »

No usb audio in android? I don't have any computer set up (being stored elsewhere) right now and i was suprised to not be able to select my sh-201 as an input when i plugged it in.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: USB audio on android?

Post by NightRadio »

Do you mean USB MIDI?
theorize

Re: USB audio on android?

Post by theorize »

No i had already seen posts on the forum about usb midi on the forum and wasn't expecting that to work, but maybe since it's both midi and audio in the 201 it is causing problems. I'm at work now but later I'll try it again on my tablet, I'll check on my phone too and for good measure I'll plug in my foucusrite interface.

It honestly doesn't matter though I'm going to be back up and running on the raspberry soon, I need to reinstall the OS. I compiled 8 bit bubsy's ft2 clone for raspbian and it does something to usb audio, I think it is something SDL related but I'm at beginner level in programming so I'm happy I even got it to compile and run. I'm rambling but the point is even if it's not going to be working for me on android, I prefer to use it on the pi anyway, it's just more comfortable for me since I can use mouse, keyboard and monitor.