anyone tried adlibtracker2 FM tracker?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
El Nino

anyone tried adlibtracker2 FM tracker?

Post by El Nino »

Just wondering if anyone has tried adlibtracker2?

Im getting into it, its awesome for making something and sampling into sunvox or renoise afterwards...has 4op FM if you join up two tracks...all keyboard controlled...has interesting instrument macro section...

another thing is it has recently been updated so that it can render to .WAV at exact BPMs instead of old school tracker 'speed', which was not beat per minute.

Its worth checking out, pretty great, runs on windows or old school opl3 soundcard dos computer.

still getting updates, very interesting.

open source on github
theorize

Re: anyone tried adlibtracker2 FM tracker?

Post by theorize »

I think the emulation is better on this one https://www.3eality.com/productions/rea ... ib-tracker

And it has a nicer interface, they both make use of the chip in different ways, so RAD has less channels but they are all 4-op channels
theorize

Post by theorize »

I love OPL i wish sunvox would do an OPL module, but I'm pretty sure a lot of the waves are covered in the analog generator, Im just waiting for the adsr module and polyphony for FM and i will be mainly using sunvox... samples plus FM would be great.
theorize

Post by theorize »

Im pretty sure the next version of sunvox is going to make for some awesome fm setups
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

Someone uploaded a video of RAD tracker a while back and it looks great but I think only Adlibtracker2 can do trueBPM, whereas RAD tracker only has old school tracker 'speed', so its not that great for sampling out from RAD tracker.

I have the SDL version of Adlibtracker2, sounds pretty much like the real thing to me.
Sure it is a little different, I discovered this following a tutorial by oxygenstar which he has uploaded to youtube...
had all the same settings...it does sound a little different in the emulated version but pretty much like the real thing.

Im not going to go through the hassle of getting an ancient toshiba libretto to use real OPL3 and stuff...cant be bothered with it.
Although that is a cool and tiny old school setup.

Adlibtracker2 instrument macro tables look extremely interesting.
Adlibtracker2 is completely keyboard controlled so it will be good for just relaxing and leaning back on the sofa while using it.
Great FM sequencer and free
theorize

Post by theorize »

RAD 2 does have a bpm feature but it's only 100% accurate for BPMs divisible by 2.5 because it rounds to whole hz for its clock, its supposed to be changed in v2.1 but that could be a while.
As a side note, have you ever heard of all sound tracker? It was a tracker for the awe64 sound blaster cards. It used the filters and chorus and reverb that's built in as well as the OPL portion of the card (if i remember only 2-op but still a neat feature).
Using soundfonts with the awe64 card actually made a really awesome sample based synthesizer because you could stack as many voices into a single patch as you wanted... great for pads using samples (say, exported from padsynth), it's analog filters really made it smooth sounding.
leondustar

Post by leondustar »

Isnt there already an opl sunsynth patch?
I've seen various multi operator synths and adsr can be done like this: https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.ph ... dsr#p18944
burij

Post by burij »

@leondustar

actually, thx to AutumnCheney I established much cooler ways to create custom ADSR curves:

https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5433

Nowerdays I'm always basicaly use multysynth -> sampler -> sound2ctl -> volume of my synth/sampler. than i drawing a custom Curve in the sampler. this leads to very nice, sometimes unexpected sounds. and if you mean Unsion with polyphony, than check out my unison module. the Idea is also from AutumnCheney and it helps to create really rich sounds with a lot of harmonics.
You can download my exclusive Sunvox-Metamodules here: https://label.weddinger-schule.de/category/tools/
PlanetZaxxon

Post by PlanetZaxxon »

yes yes, AT2 is amazing, I have done a couple albums with it. But now I am here to get into SunVox, look out!