Sunvox Problems on Android handheld

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
tmr0

Sunvox Problems on Android handheld

Post by tmr0 »

HI,

I really enjoy running sunvox on small gray-market Chinese PSP android clones (they have working d-pad buttons that really help when selecting) and am currently working on some Pixilang-based animations for these.

I updated sunvox to 1.91 on my JXD S5300 (running android 4.1) and am getting weird multicolor glitches, hangs, and crashes.

I have cleared the cache and restarted

cleared the app data and restarted

and tried copying "option_glnoretain.txt" to the sunvox "files" folder using Airdroid.

I was hoping it might be a simple fix as everything including pixilang (playing sunvox music) is running well on this device.

Is there anything else I could try?

thanks
El Nino

Re: Sunvox Problems on Android handheld

Post by El Nino »

The specs of the JXD S5300 are not that great compared to some other android devices.

Probably the problems you have encountered are due the the fact that it only has a 1GHz CPU and 512MB of RAM.
It might be that its just struggling in terms of CPU and RAM since that last update. If you can get hold of an earlier android version of sunvox that might work but I'm not sure how to get that.

Dont forget there is also a free windows version of sunvox.

Also, you may or may not enjoy using LSDJ on that device in a gameboy emulator (there are a few different ones)...but if you do you wont be able to sample what youve made into sunvox because LSDJs "speed" (based on 60hz framerate) is not the same as true BPM.
tmr0

Post by tmr0 »

I do have sunvox on multiple devices. I just liked the workflow and feel of the psp knockoffs (directional buttons to navigate patterns make it SOOO much better than using the iphone and the thing is light and very durable) so I figured I'd ask.

I knew that the s5300 wasn't super powerful to start with and I now wish I hadn't tried to upgrade (especially without a backup).
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Please show me some screenshots.
I'm afraid the problem is in the buggy OpenGL ES 2.0 drivers of this device...