SunVox v1.9 BETA1

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
NightRadio
Site Admin

SunVox v1.9 BETA1

Post by NightRadio » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:13 pm

SunVox 1.9 BETA1 is ready for testing!
http://warmplace.ru/soft/beta/sunvox1.9.beta1.zip
Available for Windows, Linux, OSX, Windows Mobile.

What is new:

v1.9 BETA1 (26 jun 2015):
  • additional UI language - Russian; you can change it in Preferences -> Interface;
  • PalmOS and Meego are no longer supported, but you can always download SunVox 1.8.1 for these systems from warmplace.ru;
  • Android: SunVox file type association (like in iOS version): now any SunVox-compatible documents (sunvox, sunsynth, midi, xm, mod, xi, etc.) can be opened from other apps (Mail, Browser, etc.);
  • Android and iOS: engine is now optimized for OpenGL ES 2.0;
  • new module - Feedback (see the examples);
  • new module - Filter Pro (High quality IIR filter);
  • number of MIDI slots (in Preferences) has been increased to 4; so you can use four MIDI controllers simultaneously;
  • now any external MIDI knob can be connected to any number of SunVox controllers of any modules;
  • now any SunVox shortcut can be connected to external MIDI button (Note, CC or Program Change);
  • click twice (or right click) on the controller to open the new Controller Properties window;
  • you can do the following operations in the new Controller Properties window: change, reset, randomize, write to pattern, assign MIDI IN;
  • MultiSynth: new controller "Phase" - the starting position of the sample or the starting phase of some Generator;
  • MultiCtl: new controller "Quantization" - the number of quantization levels;
  • Sampler: new controller "Rec threshold" - the level at which the Sampler should start recording;
  • Sampler: ability to import the loop points from WAV;
  • Generator: "P.Modulation" controller has been renamed to "Freq.Modulation input";
  • Filter: new controller "LFO waveform";
  • Amplifier: new controller "Fine volume";
  • new functions in the Pattern Editor menu: selection begin, selection end;
  • slightly redesigned Pattern Editor;
  • Song has been renamed to Project;
  • new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + F12 - go to beginning;
  • new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + ) - octave up;
  • new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + ( - octave down;
  • new keyboard shortcut: CTRL + ( - selection begin (pattern editor);
  • new keyboard shortcut: CTRL + ) - selection end (pattern editor);
  • new instruments from NightRadio and Pavel Ti;
  • new simple song examples: feedback, feedback2, modulator (phase modulation);
  • new song examples: 4004, music_in_our_souls, awakening_city, SunVox Compo 2015.02 Winners (Sirmooge - Phalanx, Pavel Ti - Boomer, KnyazIvan - Cold Summer);
  • bugs fixed.
Controller properties with MIDI IN:

New hints in the Pattern Editor:

Feedback module:

Filter Pro module:

samrai katt kovboy

Re: SunVox v1.9 BETA1

Post by samrai katt kovboy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Wow!
You are the best and now I can not do anything for the next two days except dive deep into the new functions!
Thanks.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES

samrai katt kovboy

Post by samrai katt kovboy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:55 pm

Just opened the new beta and it feels like christmas!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES

iaon

Post by iaon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:43 pm

Hurray for controlled feedback! Works nicely with the Loop module.
I came across what might be considered a bug, explained here.

cube48

Post by cube48 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:20 am

The feature list looks more like v2.0 update, wow!
It's sad that Maemo support is dropped but it's understandable.

Now hurry to testing! Thanks!

El Nino

Post by El Nino » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:15 am

MelS

Post by MelS » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:04 am

great work as always!

Koekepan

Post by Koekepan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:09 am

Thank you so, so very much. MIDI for controls? Phenomenal. This was number one on my wish list and you came through perfectly.

I will go through this new version and look for bugs to report.

theorize

Post by theorize » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:24 am

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to put in to this update the IMPORTING OF LOOP POINTS in the sampler!!!!! You have no idea what that is for me!!!! My girlfriend doesn't know what a tracker even is except for that "thing that goes up and down", but she's going to buy one for android!!! Haha I will buy this tracker as many times as I can, it's the closest thing to the perfect tracker as I can imagine. My audio editor is going to be getting a workout now, and perfect timing... I just set up my synth and BOSS digital recorder, yes I am still going old school until I can find a USB audio interface with a low enough noise signal that I can afford.

Thanks again, this is the best news.

cube48

Post by cube48 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:08 am

Spend the night with 1.9 and it's EPIC! MIDI learn is so well implemented (love the value curve response setting ... i.e. for filter control they are essential).

One requirement though. Would it be possible to assign MIDI CC by typing a CC# from a PC keyboard? User could i.e. right click the field 'Waiting for MIDI evt' to switch it to keyboard entry.
Right now there is no way to assign Aftertouch MIDI CC from keys because the Note# is registered first. Workaround is to map AT to a fader/knob on a controller and THEN MIDI learn in SunVox but direct CC# editing would be sweeter. Thanks!

Koekepan

Post by Koekepan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:57 am

I really like how you added sample and hold/random to the filter LFOs.

Can we have that in the general LFO module as well, please?

Joshua Olson

Post by Joshua Olson » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:20 pm

cube48 wrote:Spend the night with 1.9 and it's EPIC! MIDI learn is so well implemented (love the value curve response setting ... i.e. for filter control they are essential).

One requirement though. Would it be possible to assign MIDI CC by typing a CC# from a PC keyboard? User could i.e. right click the field 'Waiting for MIDI evt' to switch it to keyboard entry.
Right now there is no way to assign Aftertouch MIDI CC from keys because the Note# is registered first. Workaround is to map AT to a fader/knob on a controller and THEN MIDI learn in SunVox but direct CC# editing would be sweeter. Thanks!
+1 for this. My keyboard sends multiple types of CCs at once, so manually assignable would be quite helpful.

manganoid

Post by manganoid » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Just as I've started to get a grip on the mysteries of SunVox, now even more mystical stuff XD Oh, boy :D

Darkhog

Post by Darkhog » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:50 pm

Are languages done using .po format? If so, I could make Polish translation if I have the time.

SolarLune

Post by SolarLune » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:50 am

This is great to see - custom Midi controls is great! Being able to map them to pitch note would be great - currently, there's no way to do a pitch bend live. Anyway, it's great to see all of these options!