SunVox To-Do List

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
SolarLune

Re: SunVox Todo List

Post by SolarLune »

@PlainFlavored - Channel soloing and muting would be a very nice capability. You can use an effect like the Distortion effect or another type of effect and plug everything into it to change the volume of everything in the song (Master volume).
Electric_Ungulate

Post by Electric_Ungulate »

Hi Alex,

Just watched the filter LFO video. Will you consider adding an LFO to the duty cycle on the generator so that we can do pulse-width modulation? This would be very cool, having grown up with the C64/SID and it's big gritty sweeps I can imagine one might use it.

Also, a "moogy" or 303 18dB filter might be nice, really squelchy effort if you catch my drift. I know a lot of people are tired of the 303 acid sound but I don't think I ever will.

I love SunVox, it is an extremely well engineered piece of software and an inspiring environment to work in. Bravo for Sunvox and Nightradio! :Bravo:

EU
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Will you consider adding an LFO to the duty cycle on the generator so that we can do pulse-width modulation?
Yes :) Think about it. It would be a cool feature.
xaccrocheur

Post by xaccrocheur »

What about audio recording ?

For now, I can (theorically) make a song in Sunvox, and then export it to load it in a multi-track recording app, and then go back in Sunvox to load the vocal samples to use in my pattern.
This is actually more comfortable than it sounds, and it suits my way of doing songs. But it's still a complicated workflow.

But what about actually record in sunvox ? the way I see it, you would have audio tracks along the Big timeline at the bottom. This (those) audio track(s) would ideally be available in the "sound network" for audio processing by the available modules (like the MASSIVE 1.6 new LFO+filter module)

This would allow for guitar tracks, and many other things..!
Yassin Philip - Check out My music =@
xaccrocheur

Re: SunVox Todo List (Audio recording)

Post by xaccrocheur »

Did I say something stupid ?

I've been using trackers since PT and MED/OctaMED on Amiga, and at that time, back in the early 90s, it made sense that no full-lengh audio track could be played in a tracker, let alone being recorded.

So all music made on trackers was instrumental only, except for some vocal hit now and then.

But now it's 2010 (wow, already ?) and apparently something is still preventing trackers to record audio tracks, and I'd really like to know what it is. Maybe it's a philosophy thing (in which case please point me to an explanation and I will certainly understand) ?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

xaccrocheur,
i totally agree with you :) SunVox needs the audio tracks with realtime recording. And of course i plan to implement this in one form or another in upcoming versions.
I just try to solve the higher-priority problems in the first place. Such as stability, performance and quality.
xaccrocheur

Post by xaccrocheur »

NightRadio wrote:xaccrocheur,
i totally agree with you :) SunVox needs the audio tracks with realtime recording. And of course i plan to implement this in one form or another in upcoming versions.
I just try to solve the higher-priority problems in the first place. Such as stability, performance and quality.
Wow Alex, you made my day with that one ! :D Thank you very much, the sky is now objectively brighter :) !

Although I really wonder how you are going to achieve such a breakthrough on the targeted machines... I mean how do you do it, Alex ? I only have one example, but there are more : The play head cursor on the timeline display ; Nobody managed to implement such a feature (on portable devices that is, of course) ; How come Sunvox can animate so many things on the screen at once, yet keep the music rock-stable ?

The new "VU-meter" feature in the sound network, for example, is both extremely practical (visualizing what module does what and when) and technically stunning..!

What about the 1.6 version, with transparent overlays and color shades (And the yummy LFO/Filter) ? Will it still run on PXA270 CPUs ? Or will it scale itself down like it does now ? I'm amazed by the quality of your work, AND the kindness of your spirit, Alex.

Май пребудет с тобой Сила !

Post by Guest »

Hi!

I'm a new user from France. Congratulations Alex for this great application. I had to leave "Jeskola Buzz" since I worked on Mac, but you give me a real alternative and I thank you! :)

So i have a couple of suggestions to increase this wonderful soft :

- I saw it was already ask, but : it would be great if we can create our modules by using the basics generators, filters, effects etc... Then we could export it and share it with the others sunvox users. Great for keeping an active community...
(or instead of creating module, maybe we could create "macros/shortcuts" to a group of modules and their links, easier from a development point of vue...)

- There is some mastering effects you could add : multi-band EQ, compressor (with sidechain capability), limiter. But maybe it's not your prority in Sunvox, and i understand... So what about a "rewire" compatibility, with multiple audio outputs?...

See you next time!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Hello!
Thank you :) I was a user of the Buzz too. My way: FastTracker2 -> Buzz -> SkaleTracker -> SunVox :)
And your suggestions are already in my list :) At the moment can't say definitely about priorities. But all these features should appear in SunVox one day.
Alex.
Shoop

Post by Shoop »

Hi old Buzz user! : )

Ok thank you to consider my suggestions!
Shoop

Post by Shoop »

Sorry another suggestion :

- What about a mixer? You insert it before the master and plug all modules in. From this module you can control the track volume, the pan...

Moreover, like this, you can build your own send effect : link all your modules to a mixer which goes directly on a reverb (by example), link this reverb to the master (parallelly to the direct link between modules and master). Set the reverb to 100% wet and use the volume control of the mixer to set which module you want on this send effect...

I hope I'm clear :D ??...
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I promise to think about it! :)
But now you can simulate a mixer through the set of "Distortion" modules, for example.
lq_sunshine

Post by lq_sunshine »

Hi Alex, what is with a donate button for sunvox?
i think people would donate (e.g with paypal)
to support further developement..

sunny
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Still not sure about the PayPal for donation. As i know i can't take the money from paypal account in Russia.
lq_sunshine

Post by lq_sunshine »

paypal would be the easiest way to donate..i dont know if there is an alternative?
I think many people would like to donate and support your good work.

An othrer idea for sunvox.

something like a parent solo or parent mute function.

if you have e.g a sound chain with:

generator->filter->reverb->echo->out

it would be nice if i solo the "echo" all modules that lead into the echo could also be solo.
if i mute e.g. the reverb the generator the filte could also be muted

In the it could be done like this:

click solo button once: the S lights up : normal Solo is activates
click second time on S: S lights up in different color: parent solo mode activated
click third time on s: S gets dark: solo mode off

(a little bit like in cubase)

a other idea would be a master mixer for all modules volume (faders)
seperated into synths and effects

sunny