Scripting control for Pixitracker?

Simple and fun sample based tracker with minimalistic pixel interface
maks

Scripting control for Pixitracker?

Post by maks »

Now that there are Linux arm builds of Pixitracker (thank you Alexander!) I was wondering if it's possible to add a means of scripting Pixitracker.
The use I have in mind is adding full keyboard control but it could be used for other things like midi feedback to midi controllers with lights , RGB pads, etc.

What I had in mind was having a pixilang file that Pixitracker would import with maybe a couple of callback functions that it would call and then a list of available functions inside the existing Pixitracker code that the "user script" could call.

Why I ask is that there are now quite a number of "retro gaming" handheld consoles all based on rk3266 Allwinner SoC's (like the odroid go super) that I'd love to use Pixitracker (and maybe eventually sunvox) but they really need control via just d-pad and buttons, eg. the way LSDJ on Gameboy, M88, etc do rather than using mouse or touch.

Actually they would also be great platforms for doing homebrew games and demos with Pixilang on too... :-)
CHEEZ2600

Re: Scripting control for Pixitracker?

Post by CHEEZ2600 »

Not a bad idea tbh. I would love a way to have joypad controls as well. Also, maybe an ability to use tracker commands, such as sample offset (or 9xx), vibrato, or even arps.
Still learning...