PixiTracker 1BIT

Simple and fun sample based tracker with minimalistic pixel interface
JMB49

Re: PixiTracker 1BIT

Post by JMB49 »

Hi all,

I gave tonight a try at grindkit_not_tuned.pixipack shared by Jim Pyke (the fleshy timeclock). Thanks to him for this so nice first try as that's what I was looking for : some others sounds pack.

You'll think I'm a huge electro-noob :pardon: but I do not know how to make my own pixipack. I read the full thread and noticed last 17th August :

> Please be sure that your samples are in the following format:
> WAV
> uncompressed PCM
> 8 / 16 bit
> mono

but then, how my 16 sounds become a .pixipack ? Do I need to Load these WAV Sounds 16 times and then use the Save Sound Pack option ? OK, it seems to be that. Another point : pixipacks from NightRadio comming with PixiTracker have somme specs I can't find looking at grindkit. Here they are :

- sounds from NightRadio seems to share same octaves ; it seems it doesnt concern all 16 sounds comming into grindkit. How to ensure this "leveling" ?
+> if I have all C (1,2,3...6) and F# (1,2,3...6), wich one must I choose ?

- some sounds from NightRadio do not decline C, D, E... ? Why this and how to correct ?

- sounds from NightRadio are "not_tuned". What about tuning ?

Well, it's all about !

Thanks a lot for any help about that and thanks for Androïd Music apps !

J-Marc
CODENaME_Chris

Post by CODENaME_Chris »

Hey there,

I'm a new user of this 1bit DAW on iPhone 5 and I'm lovin' it! But I have a few questions:

- Is it possible to export the song with the vid [mov/avi/any format]? I'll love to upload to youtube :D

- If you load a sample, will it replace the sound in all projects, or just in the actual one?

About updates:

- Will this be updated for iPhone 5 wider screen?

- Any plan on addin' volume controll for channel or instruments?

- Any plan on addin' panning and automations?

- Any plan on addin' Akai SynthStation 25 / iRig compatibility?

- Direct SoundCloud sharing [not really important, but a cool one - we could also make a 1bit group!]?

And the last one, a dream request: a SID synth could be LOVE :D [altough I know this is pretty impossible, but I had to ask xDDD]

Thanks for makin' such amazing tool! :evil:
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Is it possible to export the song with the vid [mov/avi/any format]? I'll love to upload to youtube
Only with some external video recorder. PixiTracker has no built-in video export. At least in current version :)
If you load a sample, will it replace the sound in all projects, or just in the actual one?
In the actual one only.
Will this be updated for iPhone 5 wider screen?
Yes. Very very soon :)
Any plan on addin' volume controll for channel or instruments?
Any plan on addin' panning and automations?
Direct SoundCloud sharing [not really important, but a cool one - we could also make a 1bit group!]?
Yes, in future updates.
Any plan on addin' Akai SynthStation 25 / iRig compatibility?
Only if these devices are CoreMIDI compatible.
And the last one, a dream request: a SID synth could be LOVE
I think that the separate PixiTracker version will be released - specially for synth music without samples.
CODENaME_Chris

Post by CODENaME_Chris »

Thank you for the fast reply, it's cool when dev's are kind as you are :D

I'm glad to hear that an update is coming, I'm lovin' 1bit, yay! But, may I suggest you something?:

Why making the synth as another app? Why not makin' in as an IAP thing? I still remember when NESynth came out: The sounds was so cool and not so hard to manage, and even the percussions wher fun, but I hated that it hasn't a sequencer.

So, if you decide to keep on and make it as an independent app, please consider addin' a sequencer and some kind of pixitracker 1bit integration.

Besides of this, thank you for makin' such interesting DAW, I can't take my hands off of this.

Here's my first videogame-like loop/song

https://soundcloud.com/codename-chris/happy-town-bgm001
the fleshy timeclock

Post by the fleshy timeclock »

It had slipped my mind that I had unfinished business here with the pixipack I was working on. I did end up tuning the sample pack as best I could. I don't have perfect pitch and since the sounds are, as the file name implies, a bit on the rough side, it wasn't easy to be sure they are properly pitch-tuned. I did my best, though and have made at least one song with the pack. Anyway... I will upload it and provide a link here ASAP.

Also, I have been doing an interesting thing where I export each individual pattern screen of a song as a wav file, and then reassemble those patterns in the free sequencer iPad app called Tabletop (which is the rare iPad app into which one can somewhat easily load one's own original sounds). After all that effort I can much more interestingly perform the songs live because of the live mixing capabilities that Tabletop offers. I also did this sort of thing with a song that I originally composed with tracker software on my DSiXL. It is fascinating to take a song that was composed on one platform and transfer it to another.

My interest is always in creating songs that have my own soul in them, and sometimes I worry that software that is too complex and filled with presets might threaten to "write my songs for me" somehow. Your applications, Alexander, are straightforward enough to be very useful, while still being strange enough to help me get the strange sounds that are in my head out into the world.
foodeater

Post by foodeater »

NightRadio wrote:
And the last one, a dream request: a SID synth could be LOVE
I think that the separate PixiTracker version will be released - specially for synth music without samples.
Just letting you know I'd buy this. I was just thinking how cool a PixiTracker Spectral would be. :)

As great as sunvox is it's fun and useful to have a focused program like pixitracker.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Just letting you know I'd buy this. I was just thinking how cool a PixiTracker Spectral would be.
Thanks!
Yes, i agree with you :) I'm thinking about some extended PixiTracker version
CODENaME_Chris

Post by CODENaME_Chris »

NightRadio wrote:
Just letting you know I'd buy this. I was just thinking how cool a PixiTracker Spectral would be.
Thanks!
Yes, i agree with you :) I'm thinking about some extended PixiTracker version
Yay!

EDIT - BTW, if you accept suggestions: I'd love something similar to Nanostudio BUT replacing the Eden synth by a SID synth, with cool presets. I know this is a complete different thing from Pixi tracker, but this could be great!