PixiTracker 1BIT

Simple and fun sample based tracker with minimalistic pixel interface
NightRadio
Site Admin

PixiTracker 1BIT

Post by NightRadio »

Special version of the PixiTracker is released!
PixiTracker 1BIT - simple and fun tool for TRUE 1-BIT MUSIC experiments!
For Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... racker1bit
For iOS: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pixitrac ... 59499?mt=8

Kleptolia

Re: PixiTracker 1BIT

Post by Kleptolia »

Ummm... I really want this version of pixitracker. I have an iPod touch. How do I get this? I really miss the 8bit sounds from pixitracker, which the update bug took out. This 1 bit version would help me get by until the new bug fix comes out.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

8bits

Post by 8bits »

Hi,

which type of samples can i load into PixiT1B? Does it convert samples itself or do i have to do this ? Nice to see your software running smooth on android :D
Maybe you can add some envelopes or lfos for sample mangeling? :wink:

Thumbs up :good: for your work!

Christian
8bits

Post by 8bits »

Hi,

tried to load own samples yesterday without success :cry: Any advice? Tried 16bit samples but also 8bit mono samples? Pixitracker does not load any wave?

Please help!

Thx
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Hello!
Please be sure that your samples are in the following format:
WAV
uncompressed PCM
8 / 16 bit
mono
8bits

Post by 8bits »

Hi Alexander,

Samples working now. They were already in the right format but:
- i had to rename my waves from .WAV to .wav
- samples (sample folders) have to be in the homefolder of Pixitracker, other folders from SD won't work (on my phone: SD->Android->Data->Pixi->Files->Samples)

Is this Android specific or depends it on Pixi? Maybe you could change this for a future release.

Best regards
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

You are right. WAV files are ignored by pixitracker for some reason. I will check this bug.
As for the other folders - it works fine on my device. I tested it with SD->samples folder. May be your directories has some specific rights?
ElHuesudoII

Post by ElHuesudoII »

Any plans on bringing this to PC?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Of course :)
the fleshy timeclock

I <3 PixiTracker 1-bit

Post by the fleshy timeclock »

I started working with PT1B Android several weeks ago after having already worked some with SunVox PC.

I really like PT1B a lot! I particularly enjoy the fact that working within the limitations of one-bit sound forces me to think about music and composition in a very different way.

Just over the past day I ventured for the first time into creating my own "pixipack" file with samples that I resampled from 16bit wav files. I still have to fine tune the pitches of the samples that are more that just interesting crunchy noises, but when it is done, I would very much like to share it and the other packs that I will create in the future.

Is there a community resource for warmplace like a google drive or drop box site where members of the forum can go to up and download things like sample packs that we have made and want to share with others? I saw someone post regarding wanting to sell such things to others, but I would prefer to give and receive freely.

If there is not such a resource, would it be okay if I took it upon myself to create such a thing and make others here aware of it, perhaps in the samples and instruments thread?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

If there is not such a resource, would it be okay if I took it upon myself to create such a thing and make others here aware of it, perhaps in the samples and instruments thread?
Of course! This will be great.
At the moment there is no such special PixiTracker resource on WarmPlace.ru
the fleshy timeclock

thanks.

I'll come back and update both here and in the samples and instruments thread when I have something set up and working for everyone to share and enjoy.
the fleshy timeclock

Okay, here you go:

http://goo.gl/9m6tz

Above is a shortened link to a google drive folder called "shared music resources" that is public and can be accessed and edited by anyone with the link. I would appreciate help testing it. I uploaded a pixipack file of 1-bit samples for use with PT1B.

I would be much obliged if someone could try downloading them, loading them into your PT1B app and trigerring the samples to be sure they can make it safely all the way from one user (me) to another (you).

If that same or another someone could try uploading a fully functional pixipack that you have made so that I can download it and try it out, then we will know that public access to this "shared music folder" will work and can be enjoyed by all.

If usage gets crazy somehow I guess I might have to shut it down, and if anyone puts something in the folder that doesn't appear to be a pixitracker resource, then I will delete that material.

Let's even say please to just put PT1B pixipack files in there for now unless you ask in this thread to maybe put something else that could be used for PT1B. Use the resource nicely and we can all enjoy sharing.

I look forward to making music with your pixipacks!

(and PS I will reupload my "grindkit" pack after I get it tuned to something resembling correct pitches, though if someone here has perfect pitch and is a whiz at tuning samples, please be my guest ^_^)
the fleshy timeclock

Apparently you have to have a gmail account to access the folder. I had hoped that it would be completely unrestricted, so I will look for another way to do this.