Pixitracker channel amount

Simple and fun sample based tracker with minimalistic pixel interface
robotrobot

Pixitracker channel amount

Post by robotrobot »

Hi I just bought Pixitracker for my droidx and was curious if it was possible to have more than four channels for each pattern as on some of the youtubes I see more than 4. Is this because I'm on a phone with a smaller screen? Thank you. This program is much fun and I'm in love.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Pixitracker channel amount

Post by NightRadio »

Is this because I'm on a phone with a smaller screen?
Actually yes. PixiTracker has simple interface without scrolling elements.
But i'm not sure about your device. Can you send a screenshot with PixiTracker on your device? Or just a photo
robotrobot

Post by robotrobot »

Thank you for replying Night Radio. I first heard about pixitracker from your forum post at Renoise and I knew it would be something I'd enjoy. At the moment the only way I can get more than 4 tracks is if I open up a demo track that contains more than 4 tracks. Im attaching two photos I took, one of them is the view with 4 tracks..the other is in the new song screen where the most i can select is 4. I hope this helps, thank you for your time.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23994650/pixiscreen1.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23994650/pixiscreen2.jpg
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Hm... Actually your device should provide more channels. May be some mistake in PixiTracker code.
The logs from your phone will help me to understand what is wrong. If you can provide it for me - this would be great.
How to get them.
1) Install the "Log Collector" app from Android Market - it is free.
2) Launch PixiTracker for several seconds.
3) Launch Log Collector and send the log to my email nightradio@gmail.com
robotrobot

Post by robotrobot »

awesome, sending log to your address now...
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Thank you for log! I have read it.
But seems that everything is correct. PixiTracker works in its desirable screen resolution.
And so if we add more channels - it will be unusable on your device because of very small buttons. 4 channels is optimal
What do you think?
Robotrobot1

Post by Robotrobot1 »

6 or 8 would have been nice and I'm sure that a seasoned chiptuner would say 4 is all I need lol no worries last night I took my chances and bought sunvox (I was worried it might be slow on this old droid phone) and am even more blown away. Fortunately it runs smoothly and all the demos play without stuttering the cpu so I'm not worried about Pixitracker channels. Thanks for your prompt support and I'll be sure to send others toyour great programs if they want to make music on their phone.
ColinT

Post by ColinT »

Is there any way to change the number of steps and/or channels in an existing file? I don't see anything in the menus (on Android); I tried opening the file in a text editor in case there might be an obvious value I could change, but no luck there, either. I just got a cheap smartphone and am excited to make music on it, but I started my current piece on a larger screen and it's hard to work with when it's shrunk down for the phone. I know I can copy-paste each half-pattern into a new file if I have to but hoped there might be an easier way.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

ColinT, there is no such feature in the current version. But if your project has too much channels for the phone - just use the Magnifier button.
Kolba

Post by Kolba »

Hi NightRadio. I recently tested the PixiTracker demo on my Nexus 4 and the maximum channels displayed was 4. Is this correct for this device?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

No. Maximum is 12 on any device. Are you sure that the latest PixiTracker version is installed?
Kolba

Post by Kolba »

Yep, version 1.2.3.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Please, can you show me the screenshot of the "New Song" dialog?
Kolba

Post by Kolba »

Haha, I'm stupid) I thought there was supposed to be some option on the main screen to change channel amount on the fly, and never actually tried opening a new song. Yes, there's the option for up to 24 steps, and 12 tracks. Sorry for wasting your time! Now excuse me, I'm off to the app store...