Image randomly jumps partway through recording...

sean_gagnier

Image randomly jumps partway through recording...

Post by sean_gagnier »

Hello. I have an audio cable going from my android phone to my PC, with the PC acting as the receiver. I am recording an animated gif at the highest resolution so the recording takes quite some time, but during this process the image will randomly and suddenly jump across the screen, which throws off the centering of the loop I am trying to create. Anybody know what the cause might be and a possible remedy? (It's definitely not an issue of finetuning... the image isn't drifting, but jumping suddenly).

Thank you!

EDIT: Also noticed when I load a GIF in the PC version, the length of the GIF is trimmed... this doesn't happen on the android version, how can I remedy this?

EDIT: Now I am even more confused. With resolution set to 256x256 the recording function makes a smooth GIF only capturing the frames where there is movement. It seems to ignore the long pauses between frame updates. When I lower the resolution to anything else however, it captures the long pauses between frames as part of the GIF. I want the end result to always be a smooth GIF like when I record at 256x256.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Image randomly jumps partway through recording...

Post by NightRadio »

Hi!
I have an audio cable going from my android phone to my PC, with the PC acting as the receiver. I am recording an animated gif at the highest resolution so the recording takes quite some time, but during this process the image will randomly and suddenly jump across the screen, which throws off the centering of the loop I am trying to create.
So this is your config?
PixiVisor on Android: 256x256 animated GIF transmitter
PixiVisor on PC: 256x256 receiver
Both devices are connected by analog cable

Random jumps indicate stuttering in the audio from the receiver or transmitter.
Please make sure both sides are set to optimal settings:
Android: PixiVisor: System settings: Audio: all AUTO
PC (Windows): PixiVisor: System settings: Audio: ASIO is recommended (install ASIO4All universal driver first)

Also noticed when I load a GIF in the PC version, the length of the GIF is trimmed...
Can you send me this GIF file?

With resolution set to 256x256 the recording function makes a smooth GIF only capturing the frames where there is movement
Oh, it's strange... It would be nice if I could reproduce it somehow. The Android -> Linux connection works flawlessly.
sean_gagnier

Re: Image randomly jumps partway through recording...

Post by sean_gagnier »

Here is an example GIF that is being trimmed in length. When I load it into pixivisor on PC the robot doesn't even make it one full rotation before the animation resets:

Here is what it looks like when transmitting a GIF at 256x256:

...and what it looks looks like after recording the output of that GIF at 256x256 (somehow the output is completely smooth, except for the previously mentioned jumping around of the image):

Any output at a lower resolution than 256x256 records the low frame rate... only recording the output at 256x256 seems to ignore this for a smooth end result.